Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/06/2008

Thats How I Roll

Every single morning Dave and Blake find themselves sitting in the car waiting, and waiting, and waiting on...Allie. Not a morning goes by that she isn't the last to wake up, the last to get ready, the last to walk out the door, and the last to be in the car. On the other end of our destinations she is always the last to get out of the car as well(which can be frustrating when waiting to lock the doors especially on rainy days!). This morning was not unlike every other morning of this school year. As she took her time buckling up her seat belt her daddy announced,

"From now on I'm going to call you "Dilly Dally Allie." To which she replied while nodding her head,

"That's just how I roll, Dad."

I can't tell you how hard I laughed tonight as Dave shared the account with me. That girl is every bit of a mess as her momma and it brings the biggest smile to my heart. She can be absolutely impossible(as can I), but she is such a blessing in this home. I thank God daily for my oldest daughter. She has my attitude and her daddy's quick wit and sense of humor. Oh, how I love her!

Speaking of rolling, Ashley Kate and I spent a good time "rolling" in her therapy room today(aka: her nursery only now it sits without her crib inside of it). She did such a great job today! She and I played ball together as we worked on the B sound. She refused to say it, but she amazed me with her new skills of stopping, catching, and rolling her giant therapy ball. She is getting so strong and it is so exciting! I just smiled ear to ear as we played ball together for over an hour. After playing ball she became very interested in the flowers on her rug. She would reach and point to them and then rub her fingers across them. I was watching her and repeating the words, "Flower, pretty flower" when I noticed what she was doing. She would look at the rug, touch the flower, and then cut her eyes over to the wall. I watched as her eyes searched for something. It took me minute to figure it out, but eventually I saw what she was doing. She has giant wooden flowers attached to the wall around her room and she was looking for the flowers that matched the ones on her rug. It was amazing to see her little mind at work. Once she would locate the flower she was ready to pick another on the rug and then start the process all over again. I kept encouraging the "game" by saying, "flower, pretty flower". Oh, how my heart soared as I "played along with our little pickle. She is so smart. She is learning and exploring the world around her more and more every day. I so badly wish she could talk and tell me what she is thinking. I just keep hoping for someday. Someday she might. I can just imagine the talks we will have.

She looks so good. I'm just blessed by her presence in our home each and every day. Ornery and stubborn. Silly and sweet. I love this baby girl with all my heart. I don't think I will ever get over the feeling of awe that she brings to my heart. How in the world did we get to be the lucky ones she knows as mommy and daddy? I am just so grateful.

It was a good day. I am so close to getting all of the finishing touches completed in Allison's bedroom. It is turning out really beautiful and I hope that I will be able to share some pictures of it with you by next week. I am loving her big girl room just as much as I loved her little girl room. The twinkle in her eye each day as it continues to come together is priceless! I'm tired. Really tired, but it is SO worth it. My "Dilly Dally Allie" is precious and I love that she "rolls" the way she does.

Hope you are tucked in your beds, your babies are fast asleep, and your day was as blessed as mine. God's really, really good isn't He? Take care my friends. You are loved.

P.S. Cindy, I received the package yesterday and we LOVE it! I will have to take a picture of Ash sleeping on that pillow for you. It is so precious. Thank you for all the love and time you put the gift. It was truly appreciated. Take care. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home