Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/01/2008

My birthday blessing

Two years ago today I took our tiny baby girl(a whole 11lbs) to yet another doctor. It was the morning of my 32nd birthday and we went with such high hopes. A fresh set of eyes, a new look, a new opinion. In a matter of minutes my hopes were crushed, my world was spinning, and my heart was broken. Our nine month old miracle was dying. We knew it, but had not yet heard it. In a matter of months, according to this doctor, her liver would fail completely and her life would end. Our time with Ashley Kate was running out. We needed a miracle. I spent my birthday in tears. Dave and I both cried the entire day.




This morning I woke up to that miracle. How blessed my heart was to see that God was still working miracles. He had a plan for Ash's life and for mine. Although I will never forget the pain and devastation felt two years ago today, I have a living, breathing reminder that it is God who is in control of our days. I am going to have an incredibly blessed 34th because this little pickle is still here causing as much trouble as she can. When I look at where she was then and see how far she has come now my heart is over joyed. This child is a gift and having her here with me to celebrate my 33rd and now my 34th birthdays is more than I would have imagined on that day. God is so, so good and merciful and I am so, so blessed.

She lays next to me kicking the keys of this keyboard with all the orneriness inside of her. She is amazing and beautiful! I love her more than I ever knew was possible and she is such a part of me that I couldn't imagine life without her. Its only 9am and I have already been so blessed. I can't imagine what more my day could hold.

Thank you Father for this life. For mine of 34 years and for hers. Thank you for loving us and for being the giver of good gifts. My heart cannot hold all that I feel when think of how you have worked in our lives over the last year. You are good. You are amazing. You are God. Thank you.



Its going to be a great day. My heart is already smiling. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home