Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/06/2008

He didn't have to...



..give us moments like this, but I'm so thankful He did.

...make a sunset so amazing, but I'm so thankful He did.

...choose for the water to be so blue, but I'm so thankful He did.

...cause a breeze to be cool, but I'm so thankful He did.

...arrange the stars in the sky, but I'm so thankful He did.

...create splashes of color across on open field, but I'm so thankful He did.

...give the trees shade to share, but I'm so thankful He did.

...allow a giraffe to get so tall, a kitten to be so soft, or a puppy to be so fun, but I'm so thankful that He did.

...give us a Blake, an Allie, or an Ashley Kate, but I'm so thankful that He did.

...Love us like He does, but I'm so thankful that He did.

... bare my sin on the cross, but I'm so thankful that He did.

Just a few things I found myself grateful for last night as Dave and I made a quiet drive over to Canton to retrieve the stranded RV. He tried to study for a lecture as I observed all that was around. The sunset, the splashes of yellow flowers across the fields, the beatuy of the pine trees, the cool air, the evening. Life is really good. Our backseat held a miracle, buckeld tightly in her carseat. Our home held Blake and Allie tucked warmly in their beds. My heart held gratitude for this life and all that we have been given. We enjoyed visiting about everything under the sun. From baseball to church doctrine and in the end we decided that its Jesus we believe in and thats all that really matters. The time spent together was really good for us. We needed it. After a busy day with little time to actually connect the drive was a blessing and not a chore.

...allow the RV to break down over the weekend, but now I'm so thankful that He did.

Funny how He knows just exactly what we need.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home