Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/04/2009

End of the Day

Its amazing how tired you become when all you do is sit. I am absolutely drained. Its been 5 days of sit, sit, sitting and doing a lot of nothing. I am so hopeful that tomorrow we will be bringing Ashley Kate home. As of 8pm her culture was still negative. If it stays that way then tomorrow when the doctor rounds we will discuss bringing her home with her peripheral IV and continuing her course of antibiotic.

Last night she did spike a fever, and then again this afternoon. That isn't too surprising since we had to remove the infected line. The main concern I have is that this might be indicative of her culture starting to grow something over night also. Its not unusual for the bacteria to spread once the line is pulled out. She's also very, very nauseated. Its different then her usual vomiting episodes. Her usual everyday vomiting is always proceeded by a coughing spell and then I know its coming. Currently you can hear her tummy rolling and with the slightest movements it starts to flow. She tries to stay very, very still.

Dave is staying the night with her again allowing me to be home to tell the children goodnight and prepare things for the next day. I'm looking forward to having a real conversation with him once we get her home. 5 minutes here and there leaves me feeling disconnected and out of the loop. I don't even know how his day at the office went. I'm missing him and the time we spend together in the evenings once the kids are sleeping.

I just wanted to give a quick update. I'm really to tired to make a whole of sense. If you would please keep remembering our friend Emerson in your prayers this week it would mean so much to us. She's very, very sick and battling an unidentified something. Her pictures bring me back to the days of some of our very worst times and the feelings of helplessness are indescribable. Thank you for loving Ash and her friends. Thank you from the deepest part of my heart. Goodnight. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home