Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/01/2009

Tag Teaming

Things have a way of working themselves out. At least they usually do in our household.

Ash has had an ok day. She's not happy, not feeling good, and not herself, but has not deteriorated and is holding steady. Her blood is still positive for bacteria, but what type we do not know. Dave is with her now. I'm home running a couple of loads of laundry, grabbing a quick shower and some more toys for Ash (her dad is convinced she is bored. I really think he's the one who is bored but I'm taking a whole bag full of things to do tonight to try and make the two of them smile). Tonight we will tag each other and switch places again to keep every one's schedule a float. The kids have spent the afternoon with one of Blake's close friends and they will be coming home tonight after 8pm. Blake's tournament was cancelled(he doesn't know that just yet and he's not going to be happy) and Allie's choir competition was cancelled so now she will be able to play in her game tomorrow afternoon. Since we won't be travelling to Terrell tonight then one of us can take her to the game and one of us can sit with Ash at the hospital. See, it all worked out. It always does.

So in the world of transplant its great to have a partner. I'm not sure I could pull all this off without Dave. I'm pretty sure I couldn't and I'm so grateful for his willingness to be an amazing dad to all our kids. I have a couple of very close friends who are single moms and making their way through the transplant world with their little girls and I honestly don't know how they do it. I admire them so very much. I guess God equips us all with what we need to get the job done. Even when it seems I am so ill equipped to care for Ash and all this stuff He gives me what I need and most of that time it comes to me in the form of Dave. A willing heart, a kind word, and long hug usually do the trick.

Well, I'm off to jump in the shower and pack a bag for the night. Hope you all are well. If you haven't checked on our friend Emerson and you have a moment could I encourage you to leave some encouragement on their journal. She's really struggling today and so is her mom. I can't express to you how much it means to here from all of you when things get tough. Thank you again for your prayers and encouragement for us and our friends. Her website is cotaforemersonw.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home