Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/04/2010

A Day Full of Surprises

Today has been full of surprises. Some amazing, some not so amazing.

The most amazing surprise from today is this: BLAKE snd ALLIE came walking through the door of Ashley Kate's hospital room completely unannounced and blew my mind! It was the most amazing surprise I have ever had and I can't thank Dave's mom enough for knowing the importance of today and how precious our time left together truly is. She wanted all three of them together for Ash's 5th birthday and she made it happen. Truly a gift. So for the rest of the week all 3 of my kids are together and its melting my heart as I watch them all interact and love on our baby girl.

The CT scan was a surprise. Not the good kind of surprise but the "oh, I didn't expect this" kind of surprise. The results are in and something is inside the lung. Not just air, or fluid, but something else that they feel strongly about going after. So no needle was introduced into her plural spaces, which in hindsight would have been my preference knowing what I know now, but at the time I was cringing about the idea.

Surprise! A bronchoscopy is being scheduled at this very moment to be done tomorrow. The risks are high. Things could go well and the lung pop open and her need for oxygen disappear. I asked the pulmonologist to pray for her tonight and with tears in his eyes he told me he would add her to his prayer list realizing our time with Ash may be short and home is the goal. I began to cry when I say his tears. He was very sorry to find out about her bowel explant. He was genuine and I appreciated it. I'm in a tough spot. This procedure could result in Ashley remaining on the vent for a few days. Her party is in a few days. My heart is breaking. I know its not for sure that this will happen, but if it could go wrong for Ash lately it has. Surprise! A bronch! We need something good to happen for us. We desperately need it.

Its been a day. A day full of emotional highs and lows. We need a clearer chest x-ray in the morning at 6 am. Please start praying for improvement. If it clears up the procedure will be canceled. Otherwise she's going down to the OR as soon as a slot opens up.

The blessing is that her big brother and sister will be here for her to see once her eyes open up either way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home