Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/09/2011

Leaving It ALL


This weekend Allie B. is playing in the spring soccer tournament. She takes my breath away! Seriously, the girl can play the game.



I watch her from the sidelines and she inspires me. She inspires her mom to be great. To do great things. To give it my all.



Allie only knows how to play the game one way. She's an all or nothing girl. If she's gonna play, she's going to give it her all. She doesn't leave the field with one single ounce of energy left. She has learned to leave it all out there. Walk off that field knowing that she did everything she could to be great.




I have a lot to learn from this girl of ours. If I could figure out how to live my life in the way that she plays this game, I wonder who I would be. What kind of mom could I be? What kind of wife could I be? What kind of witness could I be?




Scrolling through the shots of today's game I realized that this is exactly how I want to live my life. Face the obstacles head on. Take one for the team. Use my all to make a difference on the field of life. Do and be something great because I refused to accept anything less of myself than my best offering.


Oh, Allie B., what a gift you are to me! You inspire me. You make me want to be more like you every single day. Thank you for being the player that you are. For being the young person that you are. For being my hero. I love you kid. Love you more than you will ever know. By the way, you were AMAZING out there today. Thanks for playing for more than yourself. Thanks for playing for the little girl who will never have the opportunity to play like her big sister. You do her proud! Your taking that field for two every single time you walk out there. I love you for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home