Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/27/2006

God Provides For The Sparrows

3:54 pm Wednesday September 27th

Trish and I just had the chance to go down to the cafeteria and get some lunch. We decided to sit outside on the patio. While eating our lunch and talking a little sparrow hopped up by our table. We threw a little food his way and he grabbed it in his beak and headed off into a pot of flowers to enjoy. A few minutes later he was back, and this time he had a few little friends. As we fed the sparrow and watched them hopped around I was reminded of how God provides for those little guys each and every day. They do not store up their food and keep a cupboard full back in their nest, they just are just provided for on a daily basis by their Creator. The same Creator that made you and me and Ashley. So today when I watch my little girl struggle for each breath I will remind myself of those little birds and remember how much God loves me and my Gherkin (Ashley for those of you who didn't know she was our Gherkin.)

Not much has really happened today. They wanted to get her off the vent, but she just isn't ready. They have begun having her do more and the vent do less and will continue this trend the rest of the day. They are focused on being sure she does not have to stay on the vent past tomorrow morning.

We met a Mom of another little guy a few rooms down the hall whose baby had the same surgery as Ash. His was about a month ago. She was able to share some of her experiences with us and helped inform us of what to expect in the coming days and weeks. We are on a floor with many kids in the same shape as Ashley right now so as you pray for our Ash, please remember some of the other family's with the same struggles as ours. We thank each of you for your prayers and your concerns.

Ashley is on a lot of meds one of which is a steroid. After surgery, last night, she still looked like our little Gherkin, but today she is beginning to puff up. It is so strange to see how her appearance is changing practically every hour.

Each time I get to the computer the first thing I do is long on to the guestbook at Ashley's website. The comments keep coming and We are so blessed at the care and concern expressed. We thank you for taking the time to let us know you care. Please continue to spread the word and let everyone know about www.ashleysstory.org It is very helpful to us to read the guestbook entries each day. Thank you for being a part of Ashley's Story.

I have not found a computer here that will let me post pictures, but if I find a way I will let you guys see how she is looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home