Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/27/2006

Morning Update

9:45 am Wednesday 9-27-2006

I woke up this morning and had the strangest thought process. I was asking my own brain if I was here in Omaha and Ashley had received her transplant, or was I just dreaming. The timing of all this is just so unbelievable to me that I truly was wresting with my own thoughts as to whether I was here or if this was something I dreamed yesterday. I have never had to question my own brain in this way and it was quite strange. Fortunately I did quickly decide that my brain was working and this is real. I know I will have a much better day today knowing that my brain is actually in fact working. Although if you ask Trish there may still be some question.

Trish stayed the night in the PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit) with Ash and things did not go real great. She will come to the computer soon to update what took place. I just ask that you please continue to pray for Ashley today. Specifically that she will be able to get off the vent sooner rather than later. The sooner she gets off the better the outcome for her so pray that she receives the strength she needs to breath on her own.

The area of the hospital we are in does not have the same level of access to the internet as where we were yesterday so posting is a bit more difficult. With that said the posts may slow down a bit today, however I will continue to post as much as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home