Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/26/2006

First Report

4:28 pm A surgeon and about 12 other people came to talk to us in pre-op and very quickly explained a few things and then off they went. Things just happened so fast. As the surgeon took her from my arms and began to walk down the hall I didn't know what to think. It is a moment I hope I never have to experience again in my life. A complete feeling of helplessness. Immediately followed by a sense of peace. I serve an almighty God and I know that He is in control of every aspect of Ashley's surgery just as He has been from the beginning of time.

5:42 pm A call came into the waiting room informing us that they had placed all the necessary tubes, wires and monitors and that the surgery had just begun. We have been told many time estimates by many people since we arrived so we really don't know how long she will be away from us. Our estimates range from 4-12 hours. Please be with us in prayer for our Ashley and a successful surgery and please pray for the grieving family that has lost a child today. Thank you for your prayers.

To be continued ........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home