Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/24/2006

Counting Our Blessings

This weekend I was reminded of how very blessed my family is. We are so very fortunate to be part of Neal McCoy's East Texas Angel Network, and we attended the meet and greet and concert yesterday. The Angel Network is a group of incredible people. They have hearts of gold! My heart was so blessed as we met each of the performers. They were so very kind and so interested in helping our children. I could never say Thank you to them enough.

As I looked around the room at the many sick and disabled children I realized once again that we are not alone. There are so many families in this area and around the world who have been blessed with very special children. Some of the children have very obvious disabilities. Then there are others who you would never guess are sick. My sweet Ashley is one of these. As people meet our Ashley they are often taken aback when they find out how sick she is. On the outside, she is so beautiful but on the inside she is broken and bruised. As I tried to fall asleep last night things were running through my mind. I couldn't help but think about people and their hearts. So many times we judge people based on what we can see on the outside. Last night I realized how many people are beautiful and whole on the outside, but on the inside their hearts may be empty, or broken, or stained with sin. They too are broken and bruised even though we may not be able to see it. Ashley has taught me many things over the last 13 months, and one lesson I will forever be grateful for is learning to love people. Just to love someone with the love of Christ regardless of who I may think they are based on their outward appearance. It doesn't take long to realize how many people are hurting and searching to be whole. I have forever been changed by our tiny miracle.

How blessed I am to have been chosen to be Ashley's mommy. I would not trade one minute of the time we have with her for anything. God is so very good to us. I know that He is holding my Ashley's life in His hands and today that is a good place for her to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home