Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/21/2006

Bedtime

Another day is done in Omaha and our little Ashley is finally sleeping. Today has been a tough day for her. She is so sick with nausea and they can't get it to stop. I feel as though something is not right but do not know what it is. Ash has been wimpering and miserable most of the day. She has not been able to sleep. I am a little worried about her, but I am trying not to let it get away from me. They gave her some fluid and she is now all puffed up in the face. I pray they will get her fluid balance and feeding issues straightened out soon.

I have so enjoyed my time with my Allison. I am amazed by the growth I see in her. She has matured so much over the last month. What a joy it has been to hang out with her and listen to her talk. I am so very thankful for Al. She is so beautiful on her outside and our prayer has always been that she would be just as beautiful on the inside. I can really see the beauty in heart coming out in her words now. I am so very proud of how she is handling all that is happening in our family. I was so worried that she would fall apart with Ash and I being gone for so long, but God is not only growing me He is also growing the children. My heart becomes very heavy when I think about having only one more day to spend with her before they fly home. I want to make the most of my time with her tomorrow. She is growing up so fast and I am so afraid of the moments I am missing.

Dave and I have had some wonderful moments together over the last few days. Last night I was able to cry about all the things that I have kept in for so long. My heart is so broken over the separation in our family, but I know that He will bring us back together soon. When He does I will cherish every moment we have in our home together with all three of our children. I long for the lazy afternoons with nothing to do, for the chilly nights when we all snuggle on the couch and enjoy a movie together, for the Friday night tradition of baking chocolate chip cookies for Blake before the big game, for the laughter in their voices as they pull Ash around the house in her bumbo chair, for the night time routines and prayers said over all of their beds, and for the every day hustle and bustle we enjoy doing together. The people He has given to me and has allowed me to call my family make me who I am, and I would not be whole without them.

My sister Toni will be driving in from Oklahoma tomorrow. I am so excited she is coming to help out. I am praying for safe travel for her as she will be on the road for about 8 hours. Allie and Ashley are so excited to see her. Everyone loves Aunt "Toad" and we are thankful for her willingness to sacrifice time with her own girls for us.

I guess I will go and switch Ashley's laundry now. She has made a mess of everything today. Thank you all for your prayers. Thank you all for continuing to come to Ashle's story. Thank you all for caring for our family the way you do, and Thank you all for loving my Ashley. Goodnight and God Bless.

1 Comments:

At 11:33 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

We will be praying that things settle back down for Ashley so that she can get some much needed rest. I am so thankful that you have had a great time with Allie and David. I am so sorry that they have to leave tomorrow, I hope and pray that they get a chance to comeback soon, and that Blake gets to come too. I can't imagine how hard it must be being away from your family and not knowing the next time you will get to be together. Just remember, God can do big things in the hearts of His people.....so take comfort in that....it may not be as long as you think. We will be praying for safe travel for David and Allie as well as "Aunt Toad" I am so thankful that you have such a wonderful extended family that is able to come and be with you. Much love and prayers.....take care and enjoy your time together tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home