Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/19/2006

I just had a great day!! I was with the people I love, I got to eat mexican food for lunch and for dinner and God has blessed my Gherkin with the gift of life.

I know this will be late with our journal being blocked but I still want to thank Longview Too AMBUCS for providing mexican food to all the families her in the PICU. Your gift does so much more than feed some hungery people. It brings us together to meet each other, to share our common experiences, to check up on each others kiddos, to be a comfort to one another and to be a comfort to those who have children who are much worse off than our Ash. To those who read Ashley's Story and don't know what AMBUCS is: they are a group of citizens just like you and me who are dedicated to providing mobility and independence for people with disabilities. They meet at Pappacitas every Wednesday for a lunch time meeting. I encourage all who would like to participate with group to join them for lunch next week. For more information you can contact the President of the club, Sue Haywood at 903-235-4762. Tell them Ashley sent you.

I just took a break and headed into the kitchen to get some chips and salsa. I ran into 4-5 people who were coming back and getting more food. One guy was a Hispanic dude from Corpus Christi who was so excited to be eating some "real food." He asked me who hooked us up and I told him about AMBUCS. He sends his appreciation. I also met one of the grandpas of baby Jerimiah. It was hard talking with him. He told me Jerimiah is just not strong enough to keep fighting all the infections. I am so grateful to be where we are with Ashley at this time. Thank you AMBUCS so much for helping me meet some of the other dads and grandpas here. Would one of you from AMBUCS who is reading this post please express my appreciation for sending dinner and not only feeding me, but connecting me to these other men to the entire club next Wednesday. We can't wait to bring Ashley for you all to meet her.

Today a doc told us that he did not think the upper part of Ash's right lung would ever re-inflate. He said it should not cause her to much long term difficulty, but she would never run marathons. I think if I just gave her mouth to mouth and blew as hard as I could I could get that thing re-inflated. Just blow her up like a big balloon, that's what I think. I think the doc is wrong, I think it will re-inflate because of the diligence of all of you who are praying Ashley through during this time. I do hope she does not want me to help her run a marathon though.

I was glad the girls were able to get out and do some things together today. I know it has been really good for Allie to spend some time with her mom. I am sure Trish enjoyed her time out of the hospital too.

Thanks to all who keep Ashley and your daily prayers. Please share her story with everyone you know so we can all be Praying Ashley Through.

1 Comments:

At 5:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU & all of your new friends are MORE than welcome & it was our pleasure to offer that opportunity for the families to network & relax a moment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home