Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/19/2006

Sleep...We Don't Need No Stinkin' Sleep!!!!!

I don't know how Trish does it. I only went one night without sleep and my brain and body are already on the fritz. How she had done it for almost a month is just something I don't understand. I guess that may be one of the difference between moms and dads. We did have a good night together. Who would have guessed Gherkins are nocturnal? She finally went to sleep about 10:15 this morning. I still have not seen Trish this morning so I will take that as a very good sign. I was so hopeful that she would sleep in a real bed and get real sleep while I am here. It looks as though she did that last night. She is going to be like a new person.

I played with Ash this morning and I sat her up in front of the baby in the mirror. It was so funny to watch her interact with herself. Sue, you would be so proud. It just amazes me how much stronger she is physically with her new organs. I am confident that once all the wires and tubes come out and we get her home she will begin to learn to walk and crawl. Whoever her donor was must have been a strong little one. I hope that one day Ashley's donors family will get to know Ashley and know what a gift they have given her. I want them to know that there generosity has given us our Ashley. I spent many hard nights wondering and praying if the opportunity would come for Ash to have a second chance. I am so grateful that there was a family out there loving enough to give our Gherkin that second chance. I pray one day we will have the opportunity to personally thank you for giving us our daughter.

Jeremiah is still with us but my understanding is that it is only a matter of time. I met his parents last night and my heart breaks for them. They have family traveling today trying to get here from all parts. I know that one of the grandpas has a 30 hour drive to get here and he left yesterday afternoon. I am so grateful for the support of families. We have had so much love and support from our family. We have become closer because of Ashley. We have had so much support from you, the readers of Ashley's Story, and we look forward to knowing many of you better when we all come home. Thank You to each and every one of you that checks up on Ash and that remembers to pray for her. We serve an awesome God and I thank Him for all who have come to love Ashley as we have.

I keep thinking it is Saturday since I am not at work. I guess it doesn't matter what day it is when you get to hang out with your favorite Gherkin. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Thanks for being a part of Ashley's Story.

2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks David for the update on Jeremiah....I will pray for God's peace to be with them. Also, I am glad Trish had time to rest & get away for a bit. FYI- Ashley's benefit concert will be at First Baptist Church on January 6, 2007 @ 7pm. This appears to be set in stone & I ask for everyone who reads this to pray that if it is God's will....that it will be blessed & the financial goals for this campaign will be met. Tickets will be $8.00 each (100% goes to Ashley's fund & a love offering option will be available) Ticket sales will begin mid November & publicity also. Anyway, just a bit of info to think about. Praying for you guys. Send our love & hugs to the family of Jeremiah....& our prayers.... I can't imagine.

 
At 10:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I don't think it speaks too well for Trish's brain activity if she doesn't suffer from sleep deprivation. Have you ever checked the level of oxygen going to her brain? I remember as little kids how she would hold her breath until she nearly passed out...perhaps that has something to do with it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home