Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/18/2006

Blessed

I am so blessed. I am blessed to be Dave's best friend and partner for life. I am blessed to Blake's mom and biggest fan. I am blessed to be Allie's mom and best friend. I am blessed to be Ashley's mommy and get to hold her hand. I am blessed to be the person that He created me to be. I am blessed to be loved by so many who don't even know me. I am blessed to have old friends who pray and encourage me. I am blessed to have a Savior who saw something in me. I am blessed to have parents who continually stay on their knees in prayer for my baby. I am blessed to have siblings who love me unconditionally. I am blessed to witness miracles day after day. I am blessed to be loved by the God who made me.

Tonight my heart is feeling so blessed. Ashley is so precious to watch with her Dad. She lights up when he walks into the room. I know she was saying, "Just where have you been?" Then she just started to laugh and to grin. The love that she gives is the most incredible thing. I wish you all could feel it. Allison was so sweet as she walked up to Ash's bed. She whispered to her, "I came back Ashley Kate just like I said." She touched her little hands and rubbed her soft hair. She asked me. " Are you sure this is my sister? She is really big!" Allie couldn't stop smiling as she watched Ashley play. Dave saw her sit up and watched her wave to the baby who lives in her crib. I so enjoyed sitting back and taking it all in. How I wish her big brother was here with us all. I know how he misses her. I don't deserve all that I have. I don't know why He chose to bless me as He did, but tonight I am so thankful for all that He has given.

I am excited about so many things, but one of the biggest blessings is that I will get to sleep in a bed for the first time in almost 3 weeks! I am afraid I may not wake up in the morning. I have already gotten an adjustment from Dave and I feel like a new person.

Ashley looks so good tonight. She is resting so well. She is breathing good and her lungs sound clear. I love to watch God work in her life from moment to moment. I am praying for good labs in the morning that tell us we have nothing to fear. I am praying for God to protect her tonight and to help her grow strong. I am praying for God to surround my Blake as he sleeps. I am praying for God to find some way to use me tomorrow in the lives of my new friends. I am praying for peace and comfort for Jeremiah's family. I am praying He will bless all of you who follow my Ashley. I am praying for strength for another day. I am praying for all of those who still don't know the Way. I am praying, praying, praying.

3 Comments:

At 11:57 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

Your heart is so amazing Trish, even though your family is going through such an ordeal right now, you are still thinking of what you can do for others. I believe that is what God intended for us all. What can I do with my life to please Him? So many lose track of what our lives are supposed to be....I hope and pray that Ashley's story brings those that have gotten off of His path to get back on. You are blessed, we all are. Each one of us has things we don't deserve, but God loves pouring out His blessings on His children. We are blessed to be able to follow Ashley's story....I am so thankful that He has chosen for our paths to intertwine. You have been a blessing to our family and such an inspiration. We continue our prayers for your family and all the others there in the hospital.....especially little Jeremiah's he is heavy on our hearts tonight. We pray that you continue to be able to show your testimony of God's love and your faith in Him to the people surrounding you. Much love and prayers.

 
At 7:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for being such a wonderful example to everyone. ( I know I have said that before....) But, you truly have taught so many lessons to others just by example. God is using you. We are praying for you & the little angels in ICU there ....please let us know about Jeremiah as you are able. Glad you will get to sleep in a bed & pray that you feel renewed...revived....& rested. Hope you are able to make it back in time for dinner tonight. (=

 
At 9:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so blessed to know of Ashely's story. I can see Christ in you and your family daily and it is such a gift to me. Ashely is constantly in my prayers - We love her - sisters in Christ

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home