Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/18/2006

Good Morning from Ash

We were able to rest very well last night. We feel refreshed and energized today and I am so very thankful for that. Ash is in a fiesty mood this morning and that makes my heart smile. She has begun to reach her little arms up in the air towards us when she would like to be picked up. It is such a wonderful thing to see. When I pick her up she begins to wave bye-bye to Aunt Rae because she thinks we are going places. She has played and played this morning and is now ready to settle in for a nap. I think she looks so much better today than yesterday. She has her spirit in her eyes and is ready to take on the whole unit. She actually performed quite well for the physical therapist this morning. She said Ash was too smart for her own good. She figures out that she doesn't have to do things the hard way, there are ways around making her sore tummy have to stretch. I was glad to see that they would finally be able to right something positive in her chart. Thank you Lord.

We attempted to begin feeds last night, but it did not go very well. Ashley's tummy is very upset from the amount of mucus she is battling and she has not been able to tolerate her feeding. This is a little diappointing, but it is just a bump in the road. Today around 3:00 they plan on doing a scope to biopsy the cells in Ashley's new bowel. This is a weekly test that Ash has begun to participate in. She likes to take the instruments out of the doctor's hand so I have a feeling they will try and sedate her a little more today. I am praying for a good result to return tomorrow. Ash seems to be breathing easier this morning. She is not working as hard as she had been. She is still on 1.5 liters of oxygen to help her. I would love to see this go away soon and see her breathing room air again all by herself.

The team is in surgery with Jeremiah at this point and they have not made their rounds yet. I am asking you all to keep his family in your prayers throughout the day. Only the Father can see how it will all take place, and I am praying for things to go according to His will for them. Thanks for checking in on us this morning, I will keep you updated throughout the day.

Would you please pray for the flight Dave and Al will be coming in on tonight. They will not land here until 9:00 and the weather is wet and cold. I hope it will all be smooth for them. I am so excited to see them, but I am really missing my Blake today. I hope and pray he is feeling better today. God bless you guys.

1 Comments:

At 12:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to hear that Ashley is doing better ~ i will be keeping her in prayer today as well as Jeremiah. I believe that the Lord is cradling him in comfort.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home