Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/17/2006

Quick Update from the ICU

I have visited with Skyler's mom and Chloe's mom and I am happy to report that they are both improving. Skyler is off of the vent and I saw his mommy rocking him just a minute ago. I cannot express to you all how very good it feels to be able to touch them, hold them, and rock them after they have been so sick for so long. I think he looks good today and my heart was blessed to see the smile on his mom's face this afternoon. Chloe's mom, Sarah, came down to Ashley's room to visit for a little while. Chloe seems to be responding to the higher doses of anti-rejection drugs and her bilirubin has come down from a 12 to a 5. I think they are planning to do a scope tomorrow or the next day to look at the cells. I am so thankful for the good report. Chloe also learned to roll over today! I am so excited for Sarah. I love this little baby and my heart rejoices with the good news today. Thank you all so much for loving us enough to pray for our new friends. They are all so fragile and are all walking such a delicate line between life and death. I have not seen Jeremiah's mom this afternoon so I am praying they are getting some much needed rest.

Ashley has taken a very long nap this afternoon and she is breathing comfortably while in a deep sleep. They are attempting to wean her oxygen levels a little at a time. She is now down to 2 liters from 4. She is struggling a little with each change, but I am praying she will be breathing room air on her own soon. She is still coughing and very congested but they tell me this will have to go away on its own. The only thing we can do is a deep suction down her nose and into her throat. This is causing her to be very sore and irritated and she is sneezing blood from her nasal passages.

Dave called to tell me that my Blake is not feeling well today. I have never been apart from one of the kids when they have been sick. My heart aches to be close to him. I know how badly he hates to be throwing up. I wish I was home to take care of him. Please pray that he will begin to feel better before Dave has to leave. I would hate for him to be sick without at least one of us there with him.

Only 1 more day until Dave and Al get to come to Omaha to see us. I am so excited. I miss them so very much. I am counting down the hours until they arrive. My heart feels so happy just knowing they are coming. Thank you to all of you who make it possible for them to fly back and forth from Texas to Nebraska. Your gifts are so appreciated. I love you guys for caring for my family so much. I thank God each day for your support. I hope to have news from Jeremiah's family soon. When I hear I will let you all know. Keep praying for all of these little ones. I know God hears the prayers of His people. It is such a privelage to serve a God who wants to hear from us. He is still in control and I am glad that He is. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home