Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/16/2006

Still Awake?

I'm not sure if any of you are still awake, but we are. Ashley is such a fighter even when I think she should just lay back and relax. She is fighting us all tonight on everything. She refuses to allow the nasal cannula on her face. She has torn it off about 6 times tonight. We have now placed an oxygen mask on her face and have secured it around her head. I don't think it will last long because I can see her little wheels turning. Just by the look in her eyes she is telling me that she is devising a plan to remove this silly thing from her face. She is so exhausted, but her stubborn streak will not allow her nurse to win. She has torn the skin off her cheeks by pulling off the tegaderm that is used to adhere the cannula. She really has red, rosy cheeks now. I have been sitting in the chair, in the dark asking God to please make her go to sleep. My mind starts to wander in the middle of my prayers for Ashley and I try to imagine the future. Who will this strong-willed, little one become? I truly believe that Ashley will become a leader and not a follower. No one can make Ash do something she does not want to do. I have watched her baffel many, many experienced nurses as they try every trick they know to get her to cooperate. Not Ashley, God has not given her a spirit of fear. She is strong, and perseveres. She does not bend or break. She does not give up without a fight. Can you even imagine how incredible she will be? I try not to imagine the parenting battles that we are surely to face with her spirit! God has truly designed an incredibly tough little girl. Ashley is living because He made her this tough. She wants to be here and she wants people to know that she is here for a reason and a purpose. As tired as I am tonight, it is really kind of enjoyable to let my mind wander and picture her as she grows into an amazing young lady, not to be deterred from the path that He will set her on. I am truly grateful for my hard headed little one, and blessed beyond measure that He gave me 2 of these little girls. Have any of you met my Allison? Their Daddy has a job ahead of him!

6 Comments:

At 3:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something woke me this morning and remembering Brother Tom's suggestion to go to Ashleysstory link..I am here..reading your post...I am praying for little Ashley and for you. Blessings for little Ashley and her friends in ICU.

 
At 5:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

awake here also and thought I would check and see how Ashley is doing. I have been keeping up on Ashley's story. Prayers are being said that Ashley will let her doctor's and nurses do what is best for her, and that she will get the much needed rest that her little body needs for recovery. Thank you for keeping everyone updated. Prayers are being sent for all the children there in recovery.

 
At 6:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are keeping up also. Our group of college students lifted your family up last night and will continue to lift up all of you as we work.

 
At 8:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about the little girl who passed away.... how hard that must be. That poor family.....the heartbreak they must feel today. They are in our prayers ....along with Jeremiah...& of course....your family....You...& Ashley. Hope your day gets brighter today & God shows you glimpses of HIS love today ....& His plan. (=

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

Know that I will be praying for you today even though I can't post from work. I will be checking on you guys throughout the day. How sleep deprived you guys are..... We pray that God provides some much needed rest after the long night, and that He continues to bless your family each and every day. We love you guys!

 
At 9:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry that I wasn't here over the weekend to give you at least a kind word of encouragement, but I can tell you that you wasn't far from my mind, I thought of the both of you all weekend and could not wait to get on here and read the updates, I was hoping for much better news but we do have to take what we are given and do our best to make the best out of it, I hope that today God will allow you both to get some much needed rest- may be let you know in some way today that he is there looking over the both of you and doing what is best for you both -- he does work in mysterious ways and Iam sure that one day we will all sit back and look over the course of Ashelys Story and be able to see why he did things the way he did -- I will be back to check throughout the day, my your week get off to a good start, Always in my thoughts and prayers

God Bless You All

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home