Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/17/2006

Trying to Understand

Some things are impossible for me to comprehend. I can not imagine my world without Ashley in it. I can not imagine my world without Allison in it. I can not imagine my world without Blake in it.

Tonight I can't imagine what Jeremiah's family is going through. Little Jeremiah will not survive. His mommy has shared with me a few of the details of his short life and her son is tired. He has tried so very hard to be strong and survive. Tonight the surgeons and doctors have given them no hope for survival. There is nothing they can do to help him. They have not gone into surgery today and they have left the decision up to his parents whether or not they will go back in and take a look tomorrow. His mommy does not know what they will do. She shared with me she does not think she can live with not knowing for sure that something could not be done, but she also knows that he is tired. How do you say good bye to your baby? How do you lay down your head knowing that you are waiting for him to take his last breath? What do you say in your prayers to God? Jeremiah's mom told me tonight that perhaps she has been praying for the wrong thing. She has been so focused on asking God to make him better, and she said she thinks she should have been praying for God's will to be done in his life. My heart is broken for her and I am at a loss for words. All I could tell her is that I love her and her baby and that I am praying for them. Is that enough? My words seem so empty .

After talking to her I went in and laid my head on Ashley's pillow. She took her tiny hand and placed it on my mouth wanting me to kiss it. I placed a thousand tiny kisses on her fingers and pleaded to the Father for another day. I do not understand how someone could survive the loss of their child. I am begging Him to give me more time with my Ashley. I am so aware that He does not owe me a thing. I am trying to live in the moment and not allow my mind to entertain the thought that she will not be with us. He gave her life not once but twice, and He is using her to make a difference in so many ways. I know He has a plan for her life. I feel it in the deepest part of me. I will not allow myself to question Him, but I can not tell you that I understand because I just don't. I am trying to be strong and I am so very thankful to Him for bringing Ashley so far, but I am scared of what may be. I want to push that fear away and for it to never come back, but it creeps into my mind when I close my eyes. I want to see Ash grow up. I want to see her grow up with her big brother and her big sister. I want to see her Daddy walk her down the aisle one day, and I want to see her become a Mommy. I want to see what she will do for Him. How selfish am I ? This can not be about me and what I want, I know it has to be about His will. How do I tell my heart to stop being so selfish. How do I pray for His will to be done in her life tonight?

God please let me stay in the present and enjoy every minute of this life with Ashley. Please don't allow me to waste a moment of her life with worry about what could happen to her. I trust you. I do. I know you are taking care of her and I know you love her so very much. Please allow me to step back and just rest knowing that Your will is perfect and that I can trust You. Please give me strength.

2 Comments:

At 10:33 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

Oh Father, we pray for Trish. It must be so hard to be around the other families who are hurting for their children. We pray that You would give Trish the words to say to comfort the other families that are there.....especially Jeremiah's family. I can't imagine losing a child and the pain that it would cause. You know Father, because You have sent Your own Son to die for us. We don't always understand why things happen the way they do, all we know is that everything You do has a purpose. I believe we all have to go through hurts so that we can help someone else through theirs. We so desperately want healing for Ashley Lord, we know that You are using her to touch the lives of so many. I know all this will be done in Your time, because Your timing is perfect. You make no mistakes Father, we love You and we pray that You continue to work miracles in the life of Ashley and her family. We pray for Jeremiah's family Lord be with them tonight especially....help them to be at peace, and surround them with Your love. help his mother to not to feel selfish for asking You to spare her child's life, but give her peace in knowing that he will be with You in heaven waiting for her to join him one day. In Your Precious Name I pray, Amen.

I know I know, yet another Song....

"His Strength is Perfect"
I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength,
But sometimes I wonder what He can do through me;
No glory on my own,
Yet in my weakness He is there to let me know...

[Chorus:]
His strength is perfect when our strength is gone;
He'll carry us when we can't carry on.
Raised in His power, the weak become strong;
His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect.

We can only know
The power that He holds
When we truly see how deep our weakness goes;
His strength in us begins
Where ours comes to an end.
He hears our humble cry and proves again...

 
At 10:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Trish.... I struggle with the tug of war....between worry....fear... & give it to God....& He so faithfully grants us (peace)....But, then...good Old Satan...comes back around...stirring up his favorite recipe of doubt...fear....with a pinch of "what if"....."how can" ..."see all the negative"....& if we let him...we sink back into the worry & fear. It isn't easy. I can't say that I know the degree of what you are feeling....your situation is so much more serious.... But, I can tell you this....GOD is bigger than this world....HE can do all things. Don't let Satan steal your peace. Your story has taught me so much....about FAITH....about strength...& also....about thankfulness...for both of my children & to love them every second....because we never know the path they shall go down or how long we may be blessed by them. So...stop dwelling on the small stuff....& things only God can do...(like Josh standing & walking on his own free from braces & a walker...) I am thankful that I have him....WHAT a HUGE perspective change you have given me & I am ever so grateful.....How much I have lost dwelling on the unimportant...or having small pity parties.....I THANK YOU for helping me realize that....like nobody else has been able to accomplish....YOU ARE SUCH A BLESSING. Oh... My heart bleeds for the mom of Jeremiah...oh .....I don't think there are any words anyone can say to them .... I pray for God's perfect peace....His will...& that HE will let them feel HIS loving arms around them tonight. Oh...I just can't bear the thought....that is a heavy weight to bear....to loose a child... But... God can bring good out of any tragedy.....it is beyond our comprehension. I pray for them & you....Sweet precious Ashley...& all the little angels in the ICU there.....Give that sweet pickle a few kisses from all of us here in Longview. Many Hugs.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home