Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/18/2006

The Sparkle In Her Eyes!!!

We made it to Omaha!!! Wooohooooo......I am so happy to be here. I am not sure who had more fun on the flights Allie or me. We arrived safely, the flight from Dallas to Omaha was smooth sailing, the one from Longview to Dallas on the paper plane with the rubberband driven propellers was even more fun. I sure am glad Trish was not on that flight, I don't think she would have survived it. What a great time Allie and I had.

When I entered Ashley's room I was so excited to see her. She is big, but she doesn't look abnormal, just larger than when I left her. When she woke up and realized who I was it was great to see the look on her face. She just stared at me with the most beautiful eyes. I had seen her eyes turn white before I left, but they are even more clear now. Her iris' have become clearer and there truly is a sparkle in her eyes that just never existed before. As she stared at me it was almost as if her eyes where telling me that she was going to be OK. I got such a peace from the look she gave me. Her skin color looked about the same to me until we turned on the room lights. WOW!!! I could not believe her color. Her new liver is working so well. She has such a beautiful complexion. I was able to hold her for the first time in over three weeks and it was just like riding a bicycle. I just knew how to do it. We played a bit and she hit me in the face and tried to rip my lips off just like she is supposed to do. I loved to see the grin on her face and the little grunt of laughter. I know I won't be sleeping tonight, I will be playing with the Gherkin.

It is very cold here and I am from TX. Someone in the airport told me I was dressed all wrong. But you know what, I will be just fine because I don't plan on going anywhere but beside the Gherkins bed.

Goodnight.

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

we are glad to hear that you made it safely to Omaha on the paper air plane with the rubberband propellers. I am sure you guys are going to have a wonderful time together. I am so glad that you and Allie got to go up there and be with Trish and Ashley, I know it means so much to them. We will be praying that Ashley continues to do well. We can't wait until she is back at home where she belongs, here in the not so cold country! Much loe and prayers!

 
At 10:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise....for safe travel. I am glad you posted....I was wondering if you made it & how Ashley responded to dad & sis. It was exciting for you to feel such reassurance by looking in her eyes......I am thankful God gave you that peace. I am sure Trish & Allie are attached at the hip....that is so special that they will get a bit of much needed mom & me time while you are there. What a blessing to each of them & to you to be able to hold your sweet little pickle. I am so thankful for that for you. When your able....let us know about Jeremiah....he has been on my heart since Trish told us about there struggles.... Enjoy your precious family time.... it is priceless. (= Dinner tomorrow on us....Longview Ambucs Too...for all of ICU. Please let the other families know that we ( sisters & brothers of Christ....love them too & are praying for each situation that we learn about....children.....are so precious....) Praying ..... Huge smiles that you are all together tonight....& praying for Blake that he is feeling better. Take Care.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home