Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/19/2006

Ashley is having a little trouble with her breathing today. We are trying to get her off of the oxygen and have her on room air, but she is struggling with the changes. Her breathing is very fast and shallow so I do not know if she is going to be ready for this. She is sleeping now and it usually calms down while she sleeps, but as I am watching her it is not getting easier for her. Her bilirubin took a jump this morning and the surgeon wants her feeds to get going as soon as possible. He told us that the TPN Ashley is still on is the cause of the jump in her number. I am praying we can get her to tolerate the feeds as soon as possible. I do not want her new liver to be in jeopardy.

Her Daddy has been on baby sitting duty today. He is exhausted! I am laughing so hard at him. He has only lost one night of sleep and he is already falling apart. When I came in the room a little while ago he had fallen asleep in the recliner and was snoring. Can you believe this guy? I hope he gets enough sleep so he can stay with her again tonight. I slept so well last night. I was able to lay down in total and complete peace knowing that Ashley's Daddy was watching over her. I slept until 9:30 this morning. I have not slept this well and this long in weeks. I feel like a new person today. I was able to get out and go shopping with Allison for a little while today. It was so wonderful to listen to her talk and talk while we shopped. We found some wonderful sales on Polly Pockets and we could not resist. After all a girls got to have something to do while hanging out at the hospital for 4 days. Dave and Aunt Rae are busy helping her accesorise(?) Polly and all her friends. It was such a blessing to spend some time with her today.

Jeremiah has family arriving from all around today. We met some children in the waiting room a while ago and told them we had been praying for him. One of the girls looked at me and said," Yeah we have been praying too but it is just not working!" I wonder how you teach a child that God still hears us even if we don't get the answer we want to hear? I have often thought what words to use with Blake and Allison concerning our Ashley. I would never want their faith to waiver if things do not happen the way we would like for them too. I pray that we will never face the situation that Jeremiah's precious family is facing. How our hearts break for them as we watch them. Even when you know that God is in control it is not always easy to understand why things happen the way they do. I guess this is all part of trusting Him because He is God and He can see things that we can't.

Thank you to everyone who sent gifts for our sweet Ashley. They are very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to check her story today, and thank you for praying. I know that you are praying because I feel Him at work in our lives everyday. May God bless you all today. I am going to go watch my girls play for a little while.

3 Comments:

At 6:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Allie....Lauren loves Polly Pocket too. Josh doesn't understand all the accessories (he is two) & tends to make shoes & stuff to her outfits ....mysteriously disappear ...only to turn up in pots of plants .....or other varied places...LOL They are tiny little pieces. Anyway, glad you guys are enjoying your visit.

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

Finally...I get to post.....wow what a day! I am so glad that you were able to rest this morning Trish. I hope that you take complete advantage getting caught up on rest while David is there. We continually pray for you all, and hope that things continue to get better for Ashley. We will be praying specifically that her breathing gets easier. We have been praying for Jeremiah and his family also, I can't imagine what they all must be going through right now. Take care and enjoy each other while you can!! Much love and prayers.

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

I hope that you guys are enjoying your time together, and that little Ashley is doing well today. Many prayers are being said for her and little Jeremiah and family. Take care and hope you all were able to get some rest last night!! Much love and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home