Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/21/2006

Its SNOWING!!!

Can you believe it? Being from Texas it is so amazing to look out the window and realize it is snowing in October. The flakes are so big and beautiful! This will be Ashley's first snow. I am so excited. I wish she was feeling a little better this morning so I could take her out to the big window so she could see it. She is still vomitting and her feeds had not been going since 10:00 last night. I have no idea why she is not able to hold anything in. There are no "red" flags that tell us what may be wrong. I am praying for a better day today than the night we had. Dave was up most of the night with her and as soon as I came in to relieve him this morning she began throwing up again.

The doctors are getting ready to round just down the hall so I will run and go listen to the plan for the day then I will come back and finish talking to you all. Sorry for such bad timing on my part. Be right back.

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am from West Virginia & sometimes miss seeing snow. Don't miss the cold though. LOL Sorry to hear this precious angel is throwing up.....oh ..how I wish she could see the snow....how fun & magical it is to see white flakes falling from the blue sky. Hope the doctors will have some insight on the throwing up issues. Dear Jesus I pray that you will be with Ashley today. Lord ....we don't know why she isn't tolerating the feedings...You do....Lord I pray for wisdom for her health care professionals....help them to help her .....lead them to the conclusions & decisions that will allow her to eat more...& require less TPN. Help her body to absorb the necessary nutrients to grow & heal. Lord we give you all the honor & the praise .....We thank you for every blessing in our lives....so much we take for granted....& thank you for the reminders that we should not take anything for granted but give you the credit & the praise for everything in our lives. Praise you for this precious family who I feel so close to & thank you for putting Ashley on my heart to pray for..... hold them in your hand & I ask for miracles in your timing if it is your will. Amen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home