Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/20/2006

It's Hard To Understand......

It's pretty quiet around here tonight. All day the family waiting room was full of Jerimiah's family, and tongiht I am the only one here. I am here with my Gherkin and I stopped and just watched her sleep. I was counting my blessings and thanking God for what he has given to my family. Thank you all for praying for our Ash and praying for Jerimiah's family. We say thank you alot in this post, but we mean it each and every time. Your prayers are priceless to us.

The family room I am in has a glass wall that seperate us from the hall that leads into the PICU. I just saw Jerimiah's parents walk by, about 5 min later I saw them leaving. Mom was carrying a box of his things and Dad was pulling an empty stroller behind him, both with heads hung low. I pray tonight that we showed them love and compasion while they were here. I pray that they could see the love of Christ though us and that they will seek the peace that can only come through a relationship with Him.

Give each of your kids a little extra love tomorrow. Goodnight.

I am going to go watch my Gherkin sleep.

1 Comments:

At 2:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has to be such a sad time there in PICU with heavy hearts for little Jeremiah's family. Those of us who have been praying for him feel a sadness, even though we have never seen him or his family. He was made real to us through your request for prayer. I pray for the family especially now that God's grace and mercy will help them get through the coming days; that His mighty hand will hold them up and carry them in their time of grief and heartache.
We all realize that this precious baby boy will not have to suffer anymore. His struggles are over and the Lord has taken him out of all that and has chosen Jeremiah to be with Him forever.
Hold that mother and father ever so close, Lord, and may this family know that you are a God of love as shown through the witness of Davis and Trish. Thank you for their Christian witness to this family and all they come in contact with there in Omaha, as well as through Ashley's story~~~In Jesus precious name, Amen.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home