Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/23/2006

God is Working

Thank you for your faithfullness to us during this very busy holiday weekend. How I wish I were at home with my children celebrating the wonderfullness of His birth, but that is not His plan for us this year. Even though we are in a tough place this Christmas He is still here, and He is working.

They have started a constant i.v. drip of a different type of blood pressure medicine. I was sitting in my chair next to her bed, head in my hands, praying that He would please intervene if it were in His will. I was asking Him to please take His hands, the very hands that created my Ashley, and push her blood pressure down. I wanted Him to please make the numbers go down and cause this medicine to begin to work. After a while I noticed that the alarms had gotten quiet and when I looked up her systolic pressure had dropped from 165 to 130. He is working! He is hearing our prayers. The doctor came in to tell me he too had noticed the drop and that we were still not in a "safe" place, but it is certainly a better place. My heart is feeling so much lighter just knowing that it is capable of dropping. The concern with this medicine is that it must be monitored so that we do not cause her to "bottom out". That would place in a more dangerous place. The ups and downs are hard to understand and hard to keep up with, but I wanted you all to know that He is listening. He is working in her life. He is hearing our crys, your crys, and I love you all so much for loving my Ashley enough to take time away from your families to pray for mine. I am thankful for all of you and I am wishing each of you a Merry Christmas.

11 Comments:

At 7:42 PM , Blogger Mayhem And Miracles said...

In our case it's not time away from our family to pray, but time spent praying TOGETHER for our little bundle to get better. We're proud to call Ashley our niece/cousin. I am SO GRATEFUL for this particular post. I know it doesn't mean Ashley is yet "SAFE", at least accordiing to hospital monitors, but it's scary not knowing if she's improving from minute to minute, so I especially appreciate this update. We will continue to pray ALL NIGHT. I am still praying you all recieve the gift you want most this Christmas. Just for stabalization. I know that would be a more than acceptable gift to you.

 
At 7:42 PM , Blogger Mayhem And Miracles said...

Sorry, it's Nikki.

 
At 7:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update and your time. I look forward to an even better report next time. God is good, ALL the time!

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

When my daughter had her open-heart surgery, people from our church committed to praying for 24 hours straight for her and for us that day. Just knowing that was a huge blessing to me and my husband.

So I want you to you I am continuing to lift your sweet girl up! She comes to mind continually, and so I keep praying:)

 
At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

continuing to pray and check on sweet little ash regularly. I pray God's comfort on everyone who is hurting this holiday season... especially your baby girl.

 
At 8:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You, Lord, we know it was Your hand that "pushed" little Ashley's blood pressure down. You heard a Mother's cry and for that we are so very grateful. You are our King of Kings and Lord of Lords and we honor You. We pray that You continue a healing in this precious baby. We give you all the glory in Jesus name..Amen.

 
At 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been thinking of yall all day long... i'm so glad to hear that our prayers are being answered! We will continue to pray. All our love.

 
At 10:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 Words - GOD ANSWERS PRAYER!!!

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

Praise God!I'm so happy to hear that there has been some improvement. I will continue praying.

 
At 10:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is so good!!!! Praying for him to continue to work a miracle in Ashley!!!!

Blessings your way,
Matt and Cindy Adams

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

Praying for you always!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home