Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/15/2007

An old Friend

That's what this journal and all of its readers have become to me. "An old friend" who I miss terribly on the days when I am not able to "talk" to it. What a long weekend it has been not being able to visit with you all. We ran to Dallas for the weekend for Blake's ball tournament and about half way there I realized we had left the computer on the counter. "Thats o.k.," I told myself. I was just planning on using the buisiness center in the hotel until we got there and it was shut down because their computer was broken. So I spent many moments over the weekend wondering what everyone must be thinking. Probably the worst because I haven't missed a day of journaling since "the call" came back in September. I am not surprised that we forgot to take the computer. By the time we had loaded all of the things that are necessary to take care of our baby gherkin there was literally no room for the family to ride. Dave was a little frustrated with me, but I know better than to travel unprepared for an emergency when it comes to our Ashley. We took more luggage then the entire Tarheel Team and its families! We were the last to leave because of all the packing and re-packing it took to fit the kids in around all of her stuff, but we are finally home and I have the family tucked into bed so now I can sit and "visit". Please forgive me for my lack of updates, and let me say how very much I missed you.

Anyway, the Tarheels fell short in the championship game and walked away as the runners up. I was so very proud of them all and of our Blake. He woke up with a head cold on Friday morning and it only got worse through the weekend, but you sure couldn't tell it by the way he played ball. I think he played a very strong tournament and I am so proud I get to be this kids mom. Unfortunately the cold he caught came from the one Dave had last week and I had been praying that Ash would not get it. I guess that is a little unrealistic to think that one of us could get sick and she manage to avoid it. So yesterday she began coughing and sneezing right along with her brother. It is a little frustrating because we are all so careful with her and around her. Blake has been wearing a mask since the first cough came out of his mouth, but she has a very low white count and very little immune system to fight even the smallest of bugs off. Now my prayers for her are that it will just stay a "little" head cold and not progress into her chest or into pnuemonia. To see her smile and watch her play you would never guess that she doesn't feel good.

About half way home we woke to the sweetest sound you have ever heard. Grandma was driving and the rest of us were all fast asleep until our Ashley woke up and began to giggle. When she opened her eyes she was surprised to find that her Daddy had slipped into the seat next to her and it tickled her so that she could not contain her belly laughs. Before you knew it Grandma, Daddy, and Mommy were all smiling ear to ear in the dark listening to our little pickle giggle with glee. How precious she is! It still seems like a dream to be home with her. She is the cutest thing you have ever seen and she just loves life(even on her bad days).

So now that we are home I am looking forward to "talking" with you all and catching up on how you are doing. Let me share with you that Ashley's Story and all of you have taken up a piece of my heart and I am so glad to have you in there. Thank you so much for your concern and for continuing to pray for our baby even though there was no news for a couple of days. Next time the computer will be one of the first things I load because I honestly missed hearing from you all. I prya all is well with you and that you are sleeping soundly with your families all tucked in around your homes. Take care and may the Father bless you are you rest. Trish

9 Comments:

At 2:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to finally hear from you and that all is well with the Adams family, cept for a little cold.
To be honest, I was not really concerned because your Mom was in Sunday School class this morning and I knew she would have told us if there was a major problem and I spoke with her after church tonight and she mentioned it would be late when you all returned.
Glad you had a good weekend, but yes, we did miss hearing from you. Many of us check on you every day so it would really be nice if you can make room for the computer the next time you leave town. You have spoiled us.
Our love and prayers are always with you. Nite

 
At 5:26 AM , Blogger Edith said...

Good to hear from you again - I'm one who checks on you all daily - at least once, often more. Praying that it will stay just a little cold and not something more serious for Ashley.

edith

 
At 5:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I am a "daily checker" too! Praying for you all. Glad you all are fine.

 
At 6:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Trish for updating...it's always a blessing to hear from you all. Know that Ashley always remains in my prayers. We love you!

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger Paige said...

Congratulations to Blake! I know they did their very best. And what a blessing to be back together cheering him on as a family.

I pray that Ashley will not get any worse. It must seem nearly impossible for her not to catch all the little germs that float around in every day life. God will protect her.

Have a great day! See you later. Love and hugs!

 
At 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God you guys are ok! I hated to go to bed last night without staying up for the 'post' but didn't know if you would get a chance to write and was hoping and praying you were getting to enjoy your precious family! I will pray and keep praying for Ashley! It was so nice to hear from you! oh up until now I haven't signed my name - but it is Sunshine. I started reading a little over two weeks ago and am blown away by your faith and love...a challenge to me with three little ones of my own! God Bless you guys! Sunshine

 
At 10:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a daily checker also...keeping your dear sweet family in my prayers. God Bless You.

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger Sandy said...

I am guilty of being a "daily" checker also.....actually, a several times a day "daily" checker! Although only knowing you thru the blog, I get worried when I do not see any updates. I think of Ashley and your family daily. She is such a little fighter and I'm sure God is watching out for her as he has been!!! I hope that her sniffy's pass quickly! Love to you and your family!

 
At 10:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

another daily checker here!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home