Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/10/2007

Looking Up

Tonight Dave came into my mom's where Ash and I were sitting and announced,"Tomorrow I am going to be a chiropractor." That struck me as particularly funny because this January we entered our 9th year of practice. He said it so matter of factly as he tried to pick metal splinters out of his hands. "I'm done being a plumber. I'm done being an electrician. Its over." He had just spent 4 hours working on our master bathroom plumbing that ended in an unplanned shower. After a month of working on our remodel things are beginning to look up for us. This afternoon 3 men showed up at our door ready to take the job. "When can you start?",asked Dave. "As soon as you get out of our way.", they answered. I told you things are starting to look up. We don't even care that they don't speak English. Willing hands is all we need. We will draw them pictures if we have to. Things are looking up.

This afternoon we took Ash to visit her pediatrician. It is alway fun to take her to see the teams of people who knew her before transplant. He told us he was shocked that she looked so good. After reading all of the notes he had been sent from the transplant center he was amazed when he saw her. I was glad to hear that he thought she looked so good. Although she was fussy today she seems to be feeling a little better. She was still unresponsive for most of the day, but she had no fever, no vomiting, and she stayed awake for long periods of time. She shared a few smiles with us that really encouraged our hearts. I am starting to feel that she just had some unidentified bug and that she is not entering into rejection. As I type she is sitting on the bed dancing to a Blue's Clues DVD.d Things are looking up.

Listening to Blake and Allie pray before bedtime tonight showed me that not only have things started to look up for us, but that we as a family have learned to look up. I was so blessed to hear them praying for their school, their family, their baby sister, and their friends. They thanked God for bringing us all together again, and Allie thanked Him for giving her, Blake, Mommy, and Daddy healthy bodies that did not need tubes, medicine, or surgeries. She then asked Him to help Ash with all of those things. We ended our prayer time by asking for Him to take Ashley's cancer from her and to let it disappear from her lungs. I kissed them on their foreheads and turned out the lights. As I walked down the hall I looked up and simply said,"Thank you, things are looking up this week."

5 Comments:

At 11:24 PM , Blogger Mayhem And Miracles said...

I'm so glad.

 
At 11:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stayed up after putting my kids to bed to read about what you found out and how things are going...you guys are SUCH an example...SUCH an inspiration. I battle fear and worry and often times pray for God to show me how to conquer it and I think from reading your story that He has...He conquers it. Oh praise God that today things were looking up and that because of Ashley we all are learning to look up instead of around or down! Thank you SOOOO much for sharing so honestly! We will continue to lift you up and love you guys from a distance...I feel like we are old friends. Thank you so much again...sorry to repeat myself - but thank you seems so lame when you have been so honest and willing to share of your life journey. I just want you to know it has made a difference and there are those of us out here who read daily and faithfully and care.

 
At 1:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish-I know Dave and you are so exhausted with all you have going on in your lives right now. I am so glad that you have help. I hope they come back and help you finish. God provides, doesn't He? I pray Dave's hands are healed by morning and that he can start his day new and fresh. I pray you get some rest and that Ashley is feeling better than today. Thank you for sharing Ashley with us. She is such a miracle and a testimony of God's goodness to us!

Lovingly,

Shari

 
At 6:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad for you...so very glad. Know that you always remain in my prayers. May God keep you very close today and shower His blessings upon you!

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hey, send those contractors our way when you're done with them! I think we're going to end up having to pull the siding off the back of the house now. I hate mildew.

I'm so glad you've got some help, and I'm so glad Ashley looks so good! I'm praying for her energy and for some good answers for y'all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home