Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/06/2007

Rumbling

There is a "rumbly in her tumbly" tonight as I sit here with my arm wrapped around her and type. Not only do I hear and feel the rumbling in her tummy but I hear and feel it in her spirit as well. She allows her little voice to rumble with each rumble of her tummy. She feels so very yucky and disagreeable tonight. I haven't been brave enough to attempt her formula yet. Her tummy is so rumbly with pedialyte that I can't imagine what its going to feel like when her feeds begin.

I am finding that she is not the only one experiencing rumblings tonight. I too am suffering from them. Mine aren't coming from my tummy, but they are coming from my heart. As my heart rumbles and my spirit churns inside of me I am trying so very hard not to become disagreeable. It is really quite silly how I refuse to allow myself to speak to Him the fears that lay under the surface of my heart. He already knows they are there. He knows how much I want to say the things that cause the rumbling inside of my heart. I can't hide them from Him and I realize that He is a big enough God to handle those things that I feel like screaming. Still there is something that won't allow me to speak for fear of being disrespectful or ungrateful. So they continue to rumble around inside of me all the while I know that He sees them and He is handling them. My tears sting my eyes as I type and acknowledge to myself that I want to disagree with what is happening to my baby. My heart is torn with between my faith and my fear. I so badly want her to be made whole. I pray that He protects her organs and that this is only a virus, a bug, a small thing that will be gone when we wake, but if it is not and it turns out to be something bigger, something more, then my prayer is that my rumblings will cease and that my spirit will not become disagreeable.

I am afraid that when I become tired I also become weak. Tonight I hold her and I try not to cry as she cries. I try to be as strong as she is, and I try to muster a smile for my family because I can see how hard she is trying to. As bad as she feels she pauses to grin as her daddy approaches, as her brother walks by, as her sister begins to talk. How wonderful it felt to bring her back "home". Being together and knowing that I can lay next to Dave and feel him reach for my hand tonight is making this easier. Ash and I are not alone in Omaha. We are here in Texas surrounded by those we love fighting this piece of her battle together. For this I am grateful. If we must go back to Omaha then that is what we will do in order to take the best possible care of our Ashley. Right now we just wait and watch.

Thanks for listening. I already feel so much better just putting it out there and allowing the tears to fall and the fears to surface. I know He controls her every breath and this is all part of her story. The good days and the bad.

6 Comments:

At 11:15 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

Oh Trish,
I cry with you because I do feel the pain and fear in your writing and it is ok. God is certainly big enough to handle your pain and your fear for your daughter. I pray for Ashley as I sit here and ask God to heal her little body. I pray for you and Dave as you deal with all of the waiting and taking care of Ashley. I pray for your two other children who are so Blessed to have you as there mom.
May God allow all of you to rest in his arms tonight and in the days ahead. May he give you peace that passes all our understanding.

 
At 12:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish--I am weeping with you tonight, Sweet One. Your writings are so real, raw, honest and yet you give all the glory to the Father. I believe we all become weak when we're tired. You are also fighting Ashley's battle with her. It's a wonder you are so tired!

I am praying for your strength, Ashley's body, the waiting that's taking place, and for your precious family. Your kids are so blessed to have the parents they do. God chose you as their parents. I pray you get some rest tonight.

God Bless,

Shari

 
At 12:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,
I am so sad for you, filled with that same sadness. But realizing that all along the way Ashley's story is filled with GOD'S Will and the store is His to tell at this point. I pray that it is a suprise for us all.
I have set my DVR to record all the NBC 5 news programs for the next two days! I'll let you know if I see her and then we'll copy it for you.
Praying for you all!
Marlain

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger Paige said...

Trish,

I pray that this morning has brought sweet relief. That this is just a virus and not something more serious! God does know what is going on inside your heart. Let your Spirit speak for you when you cannot verbalize what your heart fears.

Sweet Ashley, you are such a fighter. You have amazed everyone around you with your will to keep on keeping on. Precious one, keep on!

Love and hugs,
Susan

 
At 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Trish you write so well and I am sure that the Father is pleased that you try to express those feelings from deep inside - the hurts, the fears, the what ifs, the everything. I have just been learning myself the benefits of journaling - even if it is hard and even if He already knows what it is I am trying to express. May extend grace, love, peace, strength and courage to you today. You are a warrior and His beloved. Hang in there and know you are loved and prayed for. Lou Ann

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger ohAmanda said...

I'm praying for you and Ashley. Psalm 91:2, " [Ashley's family] will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home