Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/05/2007

REJECTION

The word we have not been wanting to hear was mentioned today. The one word that could bring all of Ashley's progress to end. The word that we have successfully avoided since August 26th of last year. The word is rejection. There is talk of us perhaps going back to Omaha to have things checked out by the transplant team, but right now it is to early for us to know which way things will progress. Although the word has been brought up I am not overly concerned. But then again Trish says I live in the land of daisies and rainbows. I think we are looking more at a bump in the transition of care from Omaha to Dallas than we are dealing with an actual case of rejection. I am hopeful that as the transplant coordinator from Omaha talks with the one in Dallas we will find some calm and the word rejection will not need to be used again.

I have limited details at this point. I hope you are not getting tired of me asking, but I will ask again. Can you please pray specifically for Ashley's transplanted bowel.

I will update more later tonight.

Thank You

DAVE

8 Comments:

At 5:08 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, I am so sorry to even hear the hateful word! I am specifically praying for Ashley's bowel, and for the Lord to hold your entire family SO close over the next few days. Thank you for taking the time to update us in the midst of crazy times.

praying, praying, praying

 
At 5:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus, we ask Your care and complete peace in this time of need. we know that You allowed Ashley to receive this transplanted organ...and we pray that Your will be done with its continued use in her body.

Father, be w/Trish and Nan tonight as minister to this little one and to each other. Also, with dave, Allie, and blake as they continue on at home.

Amen

Kristi in Texas

 
At 6:19 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

Dave and Trish,
I have not been laxed in coming by and praying. I pray for you every single day and more. I pray God places his hand on Ashley this very minute and puts it all in perfect order.
I am sorry she is in the Hospital but I am sure she is in great hands there as well. God Bless your precious family.

 
At 6:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying. Always. And dear Dave, THANK YOU for continuing to ask us to pray. It is a blessing. We love you all, so very much. May God bless you this night.

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

I'll be praying for the little pickle and for the doctor's to have much wisdom.

 
At 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am sorry to hear that *dreaded* word. I will definitely be praying specifically for no rejection and that the Drs. have wisdom in her care. Hang in there. I know it's crazy times. When my son was so sick we always said, "and this too shall pass." I know it sounds silly, but it helped.

Praying as always.

Shari

 
At 8:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave-I am honored that you ask us to pray. Thank you and I consider it a privilege.

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger Ashleigh Baker said...

What a terrible word... but we know that we serve a God Who is so much bigger than that, and can overcome our most hated words and their projections. Praying tonight for Ashley's bowel specifically, and for all of you during this hectic and crazy time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home