Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/05/2007

Today started out another crazy day. Something red in the washer managed to turn all the kids uniforms red so first thing this morning I find myself heading to the store to try to find the kids some kind of a school uniform to wear. And to make matters worse it is picture day. Way to go Dad. I think I had better stay away from the laundry for awhile. After some running I managed to make it back and we got the kids loaded for school and Ash loaded to head to Dallas for chemo. We are headed down the road when a very indecisive squirrel ran out in front of me. The ensuing sound is one I don't want to remember and I am sure the squirrel didn't want to hear either. We finally got the kids to school and Ash, Mom and Nan on the road to Dallas. Trish called a bit ago to inform me that the Doctors are concerned that Ash has picked up some kind of virus and thus will be admitted to the hospital tonight. She will not be receiving her chemo treatment today. She has been vomiting quite a bit the last couple of days but we thought it was chemo related. I guess it is turning out to be a little more than that.

Today's lesson from Ashley's Story for me is flexibility. We don't need to plan for tomorrow because most of the time we can't even plan for 2 hours from now. We thank each one of you for continuing to read Ashley's Story and we especially thank you for your prayers for her. I humbly ask for your prayers for our little pickle today.

Thank You,

DAVE

6 Comments:

At 1:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for rest and health for Ash......and for everyone.

 
At 2:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you. I hope Ashley gets better soon and that she can go home soon. You all are in my prayers daily.

PS - funny about the laundry. That is one of the things I love about your blog -you all are so open and honest and human! While being such amazing Christians! Way to go!

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

Still Praying.

 
At 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger Karen said...

praying...

 
At 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for Ashley today and Trish and the Grandmas!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home