Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/11/2007

Attempt Two at Round 3...

Tomorrow will be our second attempt at beginning round three of Ashley's chemotherapy. We have not been able to start round three because Ash has been feeling so bad. I am praying that tomorrow we will begin week 7 of her 18 course. Tonight I am preparing things for our trip to Dallas that will begin very early in the morning. I am trying to do as much as I can so that we might actually leave on time. Hopefully I will be able to lay down by 12 so that I can have a short nap and then wake by 3:30. I plan to be on the road by 5 in order to make our clinic time for Ash's chemo therapy. If things go according to plan(I know that has yet to happen)then we should be done with her infusion by 2:00. We also have a 12:45 appointment scheduled across the campus that I have not figured out how we are going to make. Our oncologist suggested taking Ash across the street with her infusion still going in order to make it to GI. I don't think this is a good idea, but I don't get to pick my appointment times. I just take what they have available and then pray it will all somehow work out. To be honest with you I am too tired to stress about making it to both appointments. It will be what it will be and I can't change the length of time that her chemo takes. By the way I am packing a bag for myself as well this time. I am finally catching on that when I don't plan on staying we end up staying. I am hoping that if I am prepared to stay that we won't need to. Silly me, huh?

Ash was able to catch a couple of short naps throughout the day and she is sleeping soundly for now. As soon as I finish this post I will have to wake her in order to change her central line dressing. It takes both Dave and I to do this and getting us in the same place at the same time of day has not been easy lately. So we are both here tonight and today is the scheduled day for her new dressing. I hate it that we will have to wake her up.

I spoke with the transplant team out of Omaha today and they are going to work with our local doctor to try and help us take care of more of Ash's care here in town. What a blessing it would be if we could eliminate a few of our trips to Dallas. We have made at least one and sometimes two trips a week since arriving home. As I said previously I will gladly travel the highways of Texas each week if that is what it takes to keep us home, but if some of it could be eliminated it would be so much easier on our sweet Ashley. At this point I would like to make things as easy as possible on her. She has had some pretty rough days lately and I think the back and forth is difficult for her.

She did have the opportunity to take a walk with her Daddy this evening and the smile on both of their faces told me it was just what they needed. We put in another late night at the house and I missed tucking Blake and Al to bed. I snuck in and kissed those presious foreheads but they had no idea I was even there. I said a quick prayer over them and whispered good bye. They will still be sleeping when Ash and I leave in the morning.

I need to get started packing for tomorrow, but I wanted to say thank you for coming to her story today. It just doesn't seem right if I lay down without telling you all how the day went. I hope to be back home tomorrow evening with our little gherkin, so until then I will say good night and God bless. Trish

7 Comments:

At 10:39 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

We will be praying for safe travel for the both of you tomorrow morning and afternoon and also that things go somewhat according to planned so that you can be back at home at a decent hour. We will also be praying that you will be able to work out having more of her care done here in Longview....car rides that length of time so close together would be hard on any child Ashley's age. Ashley surely is a trooper though! Just wanted to let you know we were thinking of you....much love and prayers!

 
At 10:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, thank you so much for taking the time and energy to keep us updated on precious Ashley. I know you are exhausted. I will pray that you can get some much needed rest, that you and Ashley will have a safe trip tomorrow, and that you will be back at home tomorrow night to tuck Blake and Allie in to bed. Always praying for Ashley that the cancer is already long gone and rejection will never be anything but a harmless word.

 
At 11:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for safe travel, and that however things work out tomorrow, they present themselves with much peace and no time wasted. Praying everything goes super smooth and you ARE BACK HOME tomorrow to see Blake and Al. Also for Ashley that she feels rested and ready and can enjoy the ride as much as possible.

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger Carey said...

Have a safe trip. Im praying for you and Ashley. Im prating all goes well this time, and youll be home with no stay over.

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger Jason h said...

Going to Cali this weekend!! We're you the one asking me about the government grants website? Here it is..Here ya go..

 
At 2:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish--I will be praying as usual for a safe trip and that the chemo will start on time and that's she's able to take it today! Thank you for keeping us updated!

Love,

Shari

 
At 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for safe travel and for all appointments to work out. so glad Ashley is home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home