Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/17/2007

Very Weak

Ash is so very weak and pale. Her normal coloring has not returned and I tried to hold her this morning but she just aches too much. Her tummy is rumbling and nauseated, but she hasn't thrown up since the very early morning hours. She is getting fluids through and IV and she wants it out. I keep catching her banging it on the side of the crib and trying to pull the tape off of it. She is too weak to cry or make a sound. Whatever has her had gotten her good. The IV went in sometime around 1:00 this morning, but they could not get any blood to draw back on it. They tried several, several times to get a peripheral draw from many different areas on her, but her tiny veins would give no blood. Eventually they chose to do a finger stick so that we might have something to send down to the lab to try and figure out what is going on. I have a feeling that there will be a lot more needle sticks this morning as they try to get enough blood to draw her panels. Last night she had become so weak she didn't even put up a fight. She just laid still and allowed them to do what they needed to do. The nurses were wonderful and they felt so bad not being able to get any blood to draw. Her veins just kept collapsing once they were in. She has always been a difficult stick so I am not sure what we are going to do about that.

I had hoped she would bounce back by morning and be her smiley little self, but that is not the case. She just feels so yucky and I don't know why. Last night she continued getting weaker and weaker and it was just not safe to stay home any longer. It is so frightening how quickly things can go down hill. She was absolutely fine on Saturday. Happy, playful, ornery, well. Sunday was a whole different story. I hope we are home soon, but I just don't think it is going to be today. She doesn't look right to me and until she does I think we will just stay.

Your prayers are so appreciated. Thank you for still sticking with us and for continuing to check on our gherkin. I could never thank you enough for your support. I will update with any changes. For now I think we just wait it out. Take care today. Trish

23 Comments:

At 9:06 AM , Blogger Sunshine said...

oh bless your heart! absolutely still praying - thanks for the update! Sunshine

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

I check on Ashley daily. I am so sorry to hear about this turn of events. She is a tough cookie and I know she will get through this, no problem.

Love,
Amanda

 
At 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been caught up on Ashley's weekend because I was in bed a lot myself. I actually thought about Ashley as I lay there, how much she's coped with bravely and it helped my attitude. I also spent a lot of time praying for her without even realizing what she was going through. Now my prayers will be more specific. I hope today finds the answers you all need to devise the right plan to get her well. Thank you, Lord, for your hand on this sweet child.

 
At 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers!!!

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just found your blog and what a blog it is. I will be praying for all of you..As a night shift pediatric nurse, I understand those blood draws and how hard it is to find those veins..

 
At 10:28 AM , Blogger Joyful Days said...

Lifting Ashley & your whole family in prayer.

 
At 11:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've found myself praying and staring at the computer screen just waiting for a new post saying that all is well. Until those words appear(and afterwards of course), you have my constant prayers...

 
At 11:17 AM , Blogger Amy said...

Trish ~

We took Morgan to the hospital last week w/ similar symptoms and then some. Apparently there is a virus going around our area (we're in the same town). We're praying for Ash and each of you.

Amy

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

Hang in there sweet Ashley! I'm praying that you'll feel better real soon! Trish - Ashley is blessed to have a mama like you!!

 
At 11:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry that darling Ashley has not simply perked right up to her normal self this morning, but I pray she does begin to recover well in God's perfect timing. We love all of you, so much. Praying...

 
At 12:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for our sweet Ash .....as we do daily. Sorry she is having to endure the hospital again. Prayerful she will feel better soon. Well wishes....& Prayers

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger Dee Dee said...

Praying for you all!

 
At 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying and bringing her before the throne asking for healing today!
Lovingly, Shari

 
At 2:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking about you....

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

Praying for Ashley in Montana.....She's one tough little cookie! Definitely not "yimpy". :)

 
At 3:33 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

Poor little thing! Praying for you!

 
At 4:06 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

I came here again hoping to hear she had perked up and was being dismissed. Poor pickle! I will keep praying for that sweetie!!!
d

 
At 4:41 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

Oh, the poor little thing. I'm keeping her in my prayers.

Wendy

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Praying for Ashley to feel well enough to come home very soon. Hugs to your whole family.

 
At 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will be praying for you tonight. may God hold her close to his heart....

 
At 9:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

prayers for you and Ashley- it's so tough to see your little one so sick. I feel for you and hope this illness is a virus that passes quickly.

 
At 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray...

 
At 9:47 PM , Blogger emily said...

Continuing to pray for Ashley...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home