Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/27/2007

Goodnight Moon



Its coming back! After two long months it has finally started to show itself again. I am so excited! Ashley Kate had a wonderful day. She laughed. She clapped. She played. She smiled and her eyes twinkled. You could see the silliness and the orneriness in her eyes. Her personality is returning and it blesses my heart so much.

I just love her so, so much. It has been such a long time since I have seen her feeling good. Good enough to love life again. What a blessing today was. She made me laugh out loud as we played and rocked and cuddled. We read Goodnight Moon over and over again. Each time she listened intently. I'm not sure why she loves this book so much, but it is definitely her all time favorite. She grunts and reaches for it each and every time we sit down to read.

She talked to Blake and Allie on the phone tonight. She smiled ear to ear as she listened intently to what they had to say. She loves to push the buttons on the phone as she talks and she accidentally put Blake on the speaker phone. The words I heard brought a smile to my heart.
"Good night room. Good night cow jumping over the moon. Good night light and the red balloon. Good night clocks and good night socks. Good night Ash, bubba loves you." Oh, I love these children!

Things look good for Ash this week except for her high stool output. We desperately need it to slow down. As long as she stools out to this extent she will have to keep her central line for replacement IV fluids. As long as she has the central line the team is hesitant to allow her to go home. We have a clinic appointment Thursday at 2:20. I am hoping to get permission to go home for a few days. Unfortunately Ashley is stooling more than ever. I think it is a side effect of her new immunosuppresant. I will be running replacement fluids until around 4am this morning. She did not require any for the first 12 hour period today and I was feeling encouraged that perhaps today would be the day her body would adjust. Not so. Tonight she is requiring 150ccs of fluid.

I guess I am hoping that the twinkle in her eye remains. I want them to see how good she is feeling and for them to feel confident in allowing us to leave for a while. Blake and his friends are praying for us to come this weekend. He told me they are praying for it everyday and I can hear the importance of this in his voice. He wants Ash home. He continues to tell me that it doesn't matter to him if she never talks or walks or does all the normal stuff. He just wants me to bring her home so she can grow up. He really, really loves this baby and is really, really missing her. I am praying that we can get home for at least a few days for Blake and Allie's sake. They need this visit to happen.

Thanks so much for praying for Ash today. She continues to get better and better and I know it is because so many are continuing to pray for her. Someday soon I hope to be thanking you for praying us home. Goodnight my friends. Trish

26 Comments:

At 12:21 AM , Blogger Paulette said...

Good night Trish and Ashley. I am glad you two had a good day. I wanted to come by and pray before I went to bed.
I loved loved the pics of Allie and Hope! How sweet!!
Good night.

 
At 12:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! What a blessing!!! So so so happy to hear that she is doing better! Thank you so much for sharing with us Trish! You really sound a lot better too ;) I am continuing to pray you both home...even if it's only for a few days..but preferably longer right? ;)
May the good Lord Bless you all!
~Okla

 
At 1:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It always blesses my heart when you tell us what a good day Ashley has had. I feel a smile coming on my face as I continue to read of the good things that happened. To know that she finds excitement hearing the voices of her brother and sister is evident that she really loves them.

Really praying that her output decreases so that the doctors will allow you a trip back home. That God would allow all things to come together just right so that you two can be home at Christmas. That would be fantastic.
Much love and prayers~~~Janiece

 
At 7:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So wonderful to hear that Ashley is getting back to her old self...I sometimes have to remind myself how blessed I am when my daughter or son does something that drives me nuts....it reminds me they are kids and that is what they are supposed to do:) We are still thinking about ya'll daily and lifting the prayers up. Thanks as always for the precious updates and sharing a little bit of your family with us. Mistie in Lubbock

 
At 7:18 AM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Oh I am praying this takes place too! She sounds WONDERFULLY close to going home! Much love and prayers - Sunshine

 
At 7:27 AM , Blogger kingfamily said...

Ash looks so good! Praying that you get to go home! I'm so thankful for your sweet supportive family & pray that you are all reunited quickly.
Love & Blessings,
Brandi in PA

 
At 7:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting to hear that your Ashley is coming back and that her personality has not been lost over the past 2 months of hospitalization! I too am praying that you get to go home first for a quick visit and then home by Christmas.

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Elizabeth S said...

I am so glad to hear that she is feeling better! I will be praying right along with Blake and his friends. How sweet!

 
At 8:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how this post blessed my heart. I know I don't get to talk with you much while you're up there, but believe me when I tell you that you're NEVER out of my thoughts and prayers. It is so great to hear Dave say that Ash laughed and so wonderful to hear that her precious personality is returning. I've missed her so much and can't wait to see her, (the real her) and touch her and hold her again. Until that time, please give her the biggest Grandma hug you can and tell her I love her very, very much, will you? We'll keep "praying you girls home" and will see you soon! Love and Hugs, Grandma

 
At 8:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Trish. I am so glad to hear that Ashley is returning to her normal self. I can tell that you are also feeling better. Amazing how when our children are happy we too are happy. So many blessings this week: Ashley feeling better, Allie is happy, you added Hope as a new family member, Blake is praying with his friends, you got to spend time with Dave, and you are happy and have a renewed "fight" in you. I am so thankful for all of the blessings that have come your way. I don't think they are over yet either. I will start praying right now that Thursdays appointment will go well. Thanks for sharing with us all of your many blessings. It has given us all a new "Hope". By the way...DARLING puppy! Oh, and...Great job on raising such wonderful children. They are so wise and caring. You and Dave are wonderful people and getting to know the 2 of you through these blogs has made it so obvious why God chose your family for Little Ashley. Just knowing you through this site has made me a better person. Thanks so much Trish, I will be praying for you.
Michelle

 
At 8:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girls are so beautiful !
So happy to hear Ashley is feeling better...

Your children are very blessed to be loved so greatly.

Thinking & praying for you.

lee

 
At 8:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girls are so beautiful !
So happy to hear Ashley is feeling better...

Your children are very blessed to be loved so greatly.

Thinking & praying for you.

lee

 
At 8:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girls are so beautiful !
So happy to hear Ashley is feeling better...

Your children are very blessed to be loved so greatly.

Thinking & praying for you.

lee

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Gretchen said...

Lord, I pray that this stool output would lessen and that Ashley would continue to heal and feel like her old self. Praising you for the love of this family and for your faithfulness. PRaying for the weekend pass and for Christmas, of course. Praise your holy name. Amen.

 
At 9:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Trish I am so happy to read that Ashley is feeling so much better. What a blessing. I will be praying that it continues.
Karen

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

Oh Trish! What good news! I cried as I read about Blake praying with his friends. You are raising wonderful children who are learning how important prayer is and that it works. What a legacy! Bless you!

 
At 10:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sounds like she's getting better and better all the time! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Will keep praying for her needs.

 
At 11:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, How precious Ashley is, you just want to reach out and pick her up, smother her with hugs and kisses. So thankful to hear she is doing better and is acting more like herself. What a great big brother and sister she has, their love for her shines through their phone calls. Praying for a pass for you and Ashley to go home..or..better yet.. a release to go home for good. I know you would still have to make trips back, but I think you all would benefit from it. May God see that in his plan for the littlest pickle. Keeping all of you in prayer..Extended family too. God Bless..

 
At 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How encouraging to here that Ash is feeling better! Praying for everything to line up quickly so that you girls can be home for good!Lots of love and (((hugs))) from us! ~chan~

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Melissa De Mers said...

i can't get your famiy off my mind lately! so everytime i think, i pray. i even posted a little about you on my blog last night...my whole family and now my friends are all praying.

it's great to see that pic of Ashley happy.

take care and be encouraged today!

love
melissa

 
At 12:00 PM , Blogger Holly said...

What a very precious family! So glad Ashley is feeling like herself again. Have her look for the ballon in each picture. It is a little challenging, but there on every page...just like God. He is there on every page of your story.
Love and prayers,
holly

 
At 12:00 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

I can hear the joy and happiness in your tone and that is WONDERFUL! Those doctors just need to see her so happy and energetic and then they will know it is right to send her home. Hoping and praying she gets better and better and blows those docs away at her appointment!!!

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger Holly said...

oops, I meant balloon :)

 
At 12:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just laid hands all over my computer screen on little Ashley's body. Our God who created Heaven and earth has all power and nothing is impossible. Let's all believe in our hearts and prayers to our Father for Ashley to go home. Even if for a little while...but we pray for a good long time:)He wants to give us our desires. Praying at every thought, Colleen

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

There's something magical about that book, isn't there? My three children are all in love with it, and I'll be an old, old lady before I forget the words!

I'm so glad to see such a great picture of Ashley, and I'm continuing to pray that she gets to come home far sooner than anybody could even hope for! I hope tomorrow brings more of the same spunkiness in Ashley!

 
At 9:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that Ashley is feeling better. Praying that she continues to improve and that your visits with the doctors go well.
Maria

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home