Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/04/2008

Soaring


All seems right in our little piece of the world tonight. I can't tell you how good it feels to type that sentence. This little girl of ours looks so good to me. I look at her and my heart soars. I'm still trying to let the reality of having her home sink in. She belongs here and our days in this little house are so precious to my heart. I am so grateful to be home.

All of our children are tucked in their beds. I have kissed their precious foreheads, told them how much they are loved, and now I sit here reflecting on how incredible it feels to be with them tonight. Again, my heart is soaring.

Ashley Kate gave me the biggest, most deliberate hug today and it made me cry. I know there are not enough words to describe how much I love our little one, but knowing that she feels the same way towards me is an awesome, awesome feeling. We walk in the room and she lights up. We speak to her and she has trouble containing her excitement. We pick her up and she lays her little head on our shoulders and pats us with her tiny hands. My biggest prayer for Ashley Kate during those early, uncertain days was that she have the ability to give and receive love. If she never does anything else my prayers have been answered. She loves and she knows she is loved. The most appropriate word I can share is that I am soaring. The Father is so,so good to us.

Its been a good day. I am more than grateful. Good night my friends. Trish

14 Comments:

At 10:01 PM , Blogger Mayhem And Miracles said...

I had such a similar thing to post today. God has been so generous. :)

 
At 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post was just beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes. The picture is precious too. Thanking God that you all are "soaring". Praying for all of you!
Love and hugs,
Lori

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

She is just too cute for words! I praise God that your family has been blessed with her and that she is able to be home where you all belong! I still pray for you and your family! May God bless you and keep you!
In Christ,
Elizabeth

 
At 10:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are loved and thought of often. Rejoicing in the miracle that home brings & excited with what God's promises hold for you guys...Colleen in Ohio

 
At 11:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Trish - It is so very great to hear that you and SHE is doing oh so well! God was listening to all those wonderful prayers that have been sent up on your behalf. He is blessing His faithful, committed AND humble servant! I am so very happy for you!!

I know you will anyway but just soak it ALL up! Don't worry about posting....we will all be here no matter what! Don't let us keep you from spending one moment with your precious and healhy family.

I am so glad to hear that everything is going so smoothly. I think sometimes being in the hospital (while it is needed at times) can sometimes keep a patient sick and "Playing" the part. How could they not? I am so glad you are out....now she can continue to grow and be surrounded by those who love her the most.

God bless -
Amy and Kyle

 
At 11:23 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

May each day just get better and better!! Thank you Jesus!!

 
At 11:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish~ I just love the picture of Ashley. What a precious miracle!

Your posts from home are beautiful and bring tears to my eyes. Thanking God for all the blessings He gives.

Continuing to hold you close to my heart and praying for you all. You are loved! Hugs from another Texas mom!

Love, Jule White

 
At 11:56 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

oh she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO precious! Oh so cute! I am so grateful for your encouragement to me - you are very precious! Thank you! If I never meet you this side of heaven don't forget me because when I get there and get to meet you I want to hug you and praise God with you! I am so happy that you guys are home and together as a family - what better place to be? We will be praying for you all! Sunshine

 
At 12:00 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I think I got tears in my eyes when I read that she hugged you! She is so precious, and I'm so glad all is going well with her!!

 
At 12:15 AM , Blogger Toni said...

Praising God for such a sweet testimony of love.
blessings,
~Toni~

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger Laurie in Ca. said...

Your heart just sings out praise and gratefulness in your words. Soaring in 2008 is so great. I am most thankful that all five of you are back under one roof. You may never stop soaring after the year you went through. I am sure Dave, Allie and Blake are soaring. I see a yellow house with WINGS in my heart for you.
May your home be blessed with love every moment of every day. What a blessing it has been to walk this journey with you in prayer.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Gretchen said...

Yes, Trish, you are loved. By Ashley Kate, by God, by your family, and certainly by all of us. How nice for you to see some of that reciprocation from Ashley. A parent will love her child no matter what, but it's soooo gratifying to see that they can understand and express love back. Good for you. xxxooogretchen

 
At 12:40 PM , Blogger Elizabeth S said...

She looks soooo good!!!

 
At 5:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley looks wonderful and has grown so much. Your family's faith is such an insperation.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home