Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/01/2008

An "Uneventful" 2008?

The new year is here and its coming has been pretty uneventful for Dave and I. We talked about going here or there or doing this or that last night for New Years Eve, but decided on staying in with our pickle who is still battling a nasty cold. Again today we discussed doing several things but settled on doing absolutely nothing and it felt so good.

As I sit here tonight and reflect on today I realize how peaceful it felt. Just us. Here at home. Playing with our sweet Ashley. It was completely uneventful and it was exactly what this tired mommy and daddy and baby needed. When I think about the new year and all the possibility it holds for Ashley Kate my biggest hope is that it will end up just as today has. Uneventful. Just us. Here at home. Playing and growing up. What a blessing that would be for our family. Nothing pulling us apart or causing us concern. Just every day ins and outs blessing our hearts with normal family living. How wonderful it would be to have no hospital stays, no close calls, no surgeries, no moments that cause us to hold our breath and wonder what the next moment will hold. I think that uneventful just might become my prayer for us this year.

I say all of that while not forgetting the awesomeness of watching the hand of God reach down and carry us through the past year. It was incredible to know that He was there guiding us through those tough decisions and collecting each and every tear we shed. He really used 2007 to grow us. We are not the same and I think that may have been part of His plan for us.

As always no matter what tomorrow holds I know that we will not face it on our own. He will provide. He will strengthen. He will comfort. He will bless. He always has. Even in the midst of great pain He was present. Thats just who He is. The Father that loves us enough to carry our burdens and see us through to the other side.

What a joy it is to parent this little one. Dave and I have been so blessed. She still manages to melt our hearts each time we look at her. It is an amazing feeling to be the ones chosen to love this baby. So as we lay down to rest on this very first, uneventful day of 2008 I hold in my heart the hope of a whole lot of days of "nothing special" because it is those very days that make my life so incredibly special. Happy new year to each one of you. You are loved. Trish

14 Comments:

At 10:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you and your family another blessed year with many moments that are "uneventful." As always...thank you so much for sharing your live and changing ours because of it. We continue to pray and think of your family often. Love always...Mistie in Lubbock, TX

 
At 11:04 PM , Blogger Holly said...

So thankful for your times together! So thankful to God that He did a miracle and brought you home! He is good!

When you get a chance, have a burger at The Butcher Shop for us. We dearly miss those...and their petit fours (sp?)....mmmm!
Much love and continued prayers,
holly

 
At 12:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you and here's to an uneventful 2008.
Sorry I haven't commented lately but we buried my sister-in-law today. She had been in the hospital the last 3 weeks but in her last days here on earth she was not suffering and we know that now she is certainly rejoicing walking the streets of gold and looking into the face of Jesus.

We are so thankful that little Ashley has come through 2007 with flying colors. Understandably she has had some very tough days, but we all know what a little fighter she has always been. I pray that she will continue to be strong and that God will continue to bless her. I also pray that He will continue to use her in a special way to touch others. What a testimony and witness for the Lord.
The slide show just brings joy to my heart. Thank you for letting us take this journey with your family.

Love and prayers~~~Janiece

 
At 1:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Trish for the New Year wishes! I think we could all use a few blessings ;o)! I am so happy to hear that you had an "uneventful" new year's day!! That is awesome! As I get older I pray for the very same....an uneventful day! Life is so much more peaceful like that!! So in that sense I can relate to your New Years Prayer.
I am praying for a very uneventful year for your family....I pray that you all will stay united for many years to come.
May you have a very blessed New Year....everyday! Thank you very much for sharing.
~Okla

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger Dennis, Rose and our Clan said...

I know I had not comented much but I am so glad 2007 ended on such a great note for your family. I hope the box made it to you guys. And that Ashley can not just sit back and enjoy 2008!! Happy New Year!

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Laurie in Ca. said...

Uneventful and peaceful, my prayer for your family in this new year. It has been such an honor to be part of so many praying for your family in 2007 and now for 2008. Following you has taught me so much about the ups and downs of daily life, and watching God work in such a wonderful way. It has increased my faith and hope. May this year be full of joy in the uneventful days of normal family life for you all, and in watching as the Lord continues to heal Ashley completely in His time. May your joy continue to be full.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger Gretchen said...

I loved the slide show in the previous post, Trish. Precious! I'll pray for that nasty cold to go away, and for an "uneventful" year for the 5 of you. Blessings, gretchen

 
At 11:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful post...your family continues to be in our prayers in central IL.

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger Sunshine said...

I have been out of town on an unexpected trip home. I received some not so great news about someone who is very precious to me. I know you already do - but cherish what you have with your sisters. That is such a gift from God. I am so happy to read about Ashley and how well everyone is doing. We will be praying for the cold. May God continue to bless you all with uneventfulness :)

 
At 11:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray for a wonderful and healthy 2008 to your family. I am soooo happy you are HOME, where you and Ashley belong!

Many blessings,
G

 
At 12:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures were amazing...what a beauty!! Hope you have an amazing year...
Thank you for all you taught me this year.

Krista

 
At 1:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for a happy and healthy 2008 for all of you!
Blessings,
Lori

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

So happy you had an uneventful New Year. How restful it must have been. Happy 2008! Praying it's a year of health and growing and lots of love for Ashley and the rest of your family.

 
At 5:09 AM , Blogger Julie said...

I just caught up and read the last few weeks of posts. They made me smile and my heart happy. What a wonderful God we have. I am so happy your prayers were answered and your sweet family is home together.

Happy New year,
Julie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home