I'll Believe it...
...when I see it. Thats what my sister said to me yesterday. We are all SO excited about the holiday, but we know from experience just how quickly things can change.
After speaking with the coordinator this morning it seems like we may have to spend another day in Omaha. She isn't sure if anyone can get her line pulled today either. The team is in rounds and she is hoping for a decision to be made at that time. The fellow believes that Ash will need to be sedated for this type of line removal and she isn't scheduled anywhere for that. We are hoping they can do it in the treatment room in the ICU, but the surgeon has to agree to that. If Ash were older they wouldn't consider sedating her, but since this line is very large and because of where it is placed they are anticipating her to bleed heavily once it is removed. For this reason they will need to apply heavy pressure and Ash will not tolerate that if she is awake. So... we are waiting and could be waiting for several hours. I wish we could go and have it done at home, but we must use wisdom and the safest thing for Ash is to have it done here with her surgeons near by.
When we get the word I let everyone know, but for now we are just praying for a safe, non complicated removal so we can be on our way. Your prayers are appreciated. Take care. Trish