Join with us...
...as we wait and pray. For Monday.
Today's appointment went well. We made some changes in hopes of moving home next week. That's right, I said next week. Its possible, not probable but possible. What needs to happen?
Let me explain. We are switching Ashley Kate's replacement fluids from IV to enteral in hopes of pulling her line. If she can handle the switch without becoming dehydrated then we have a real shot at leaving. Monday mornings labs will play a huge role in deciding if we can leave. Next, we need her bowel to tolerate the extra fluid without increasing her stool output. Her stool output is still higher than it had been running this week, but it did go down a small amount from yesterday. The doctor then said, "You can start making a tentative plan to leave, but I want you to be prepared to be disappointed because as it stands she has a 50-50 chance at leaving. Just be prepared in case her cold takes a turn for the worse or some other little bump comes along causing a delay. I don't want you to be disappointed, but I want you to be prepared for it."
Hummm... how do I feel about that? Yeah, it was a little discouraging, BUT I want to think about the 50% chance that leans toward moving home (Something about living in the land of daisies and rainbows along with Dave just sounds appealing to me.) I think that is a much better attitude to take, and since it is the first glimpse I've gotten of actually leaving here then I am going to concentrate on that. So tonight I am asking you to please pray, to please ask anyone that you know to pray, to please ask anyone that you may not know to pray. I really believe that God is capable of taking us home. It really could happen. In time for Christmas. I was completely shocked by the response I was given today. Usually I am met with discouraging comments, set backs, and heads that shake no when I ask to go home. Today the doctor stepped in the door and said, "So I hear you want to move home. When would you like to do that?"
"As soon as you say "go", was my reply.
"Well lets sit down and see what needs to happen first."
Then we came up with this plan of switching her to enteral replacements and hoping her cold doesn't turn into something viral, or pneumonia, or something along those lines.
I had prayed all day for the Lord to prepare the heart of whichever doctor came in today. I asked Him to please let them be receptive and to soften their heart. He did just that. I was so grateful.
Now we wait and of course we pray. Home in just 4 days. I can't believe it. Please, please pray for Ash. We are so,so close.