Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/12/2007

One Lump or Two?

Definitely two! Ash and I can't seem to pull ourselves off the couch. We are just a couple of lumps. We haven't gotten dressed since Saturday. It is absolutely pathetic! As are we.

I am guessing her little head hurts as bad as mine because she is hitting it over and over again and pulling her own hair. If I didn't know better I would probably behave the same way, and to be completely honest I began hitting my head over and over again just last night as I tried to distract myself from the ache inside it. I am managing to get up just long enough to do what I have to like give meds, change diapers, and care for her ostomy. Other than that we lay around like lumps on the bed or the floor or the couch and half heartedly push toys around in the hours that we are awake. Its been a very long time since I felt this lousy.

We have no fever and for that I am more than thankful. Fever is an automatic hospital admit for Ash to rule out line infection. I really believe we just have a nasty cold that has caused us to run low on energy, cough, sneeze, and bang on our heads. Her ostomy output had been fabulous all week until the past 14 hours. She began dumping around 10:00 last night and it hasn't stopped. She has already put out more in the last 14 than she did in the previous 24. That is a little discouraging to me because I was so thrilled about carrying my low numbers into her appointment tomorrow. This is only causing me to feel more lousy as I wonder what in the world happened overnight.

Well, my little lump is fussing and I am going to try and pull my lumpy self up long enough to rock her for a minute or two. Neither one of us are resting enough and a mid morning nap sounds really good to me about now. Thanks for your prayers. Its days like today that I really wish we were home so Dave and our mom's could lend a hand. Being sick is just yucky!

9 Comments:

At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry you are both feeling so yucky. I'll be praying that you get over this cold very quickly and are on the mend soon! I guess it's a positive that you are both sick with the same symptoms, so you know what is up with Ashley. I'll be praying that her poop decreases today. Hopefully the increase was just a symptom of her feeling lousy!

Know you are being thought of and prayed for even in the cold Northeast! Wish I was nearby to offer you some homemade chicken soup.

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Amy said...

Sorry about the yucky feeling. It's cold, wet and yucky in Longview today... hopefully the weather there is at least better. Still praying for her output. Thank you for the update, even though you feel bad.

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

I am so sorry you guys are feeling ooky!! This stinks!!!! Sending hugs and love~!!!

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger Holly said...

Praying for you both!
Love,
holly

 
At 12:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, hopefully it's all just part of her body trying to re-coop from whatever is causing you two to feel so bad.

I hope you all feel better soon!

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger Gretchen said...

Hang in there, Trish. Let's hope this increased output is just a small blip on the overall fabulous looking radar screen. I pray that the Lord is with you all, to heal, comfort, and energize. Feel better soon! xxxooogretchen

 
At 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you are both feeling so yucky still. Hope you can get some good rest today. I have to come to the hospital for the Christmas party this afternoon, so let me know if I can bring you anything. Praying for a quick recovery so you can be on your way home. ~Amanda

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger Carey said...

hope you feel better soon. And Ashley. You both are in my prayers.

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger Connie said...

Praying for the yucky cold to go away! So sorry you guys are feeling awful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home