Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/28/2007

My Favorite


Of all the pictures, of all the memories, of all the moments, this is the one I will never forget. All three of the children together Christmas morning 2007. It was beautiful and it brought me such joy. There was no package, no gift, no thing that could mean more to this mommy's heart. My Christmas wish was granted and my prayers were answered. God has been so very good to me.
Christmas was more magical than ever for me this year. I would find myself sitting back away from the group watching those that I love the most enjoy the company of one another. My eyes filled with tears more than once and I would fight back the urge to break down and cry. My heart was so full!

My sisters and I were up the entire night of Christmas Eve. We had so much fun as we prepared the house and the packages for our families. We laughed until we cried(literally). We talked and talked and talked. I love Christmas with my family. I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect holiday. The later it got the funnier things became. The early it got the sillier we became. Around 6:00a.m. we found ourselves sitting around the table talking about Mary and Joseph and all they must have experienced that night. It was beautiful.

The festivities were set to begin at 8:30. My nephew Jake was the first up. He was so cheery. He always is. Next awake was my Blake. The smile on his face as he wiped the sleep from his eyes was priceless. For a while it was just the two of those guys and then the girls began to stir. All in their matching jammies they filtered into the living room hair a mess, eyes full of sleep, and smiles on their faces. Ashley Kate had no interest in waking that early. She was allowed to snore until the last person awoke and had found their spot in the living room.

Our morning began with the reading of the Christmas story by Uncle Gene. It wouldn't be Christmas without it. After the reading the stockings were passed out and the magic began. The eyes of the children lit up as they dug into their surprises. Stockings are a BIG part of our Christmas tradition. Ashley settled on one item in hers and allowed her daddy to empty the rest. She was so funny.

As the gifts were opened and the day continued our family enjoyed each others company. We laughed and played until late that night. My sisters and I were actually playing a round of sequence as the clock ticked the last few minutes of Christmas 2007 away. It was magical!

We were so blessed! Dave and I couldn't have been happier. Blake, Allie, and Ashley were together. That's all we had prayed for.

Dave, Ash , and I left for home on the 26th. We made the drive back to Texas so Dave could be in the office by Thursday. Blake and Al stayed in Oklahoma to extend their visit with their cousins. They will be home some time next week.

Ashley Kate looks really good. She is so happy! Her output has slowed and she has not required any type of replacement fluids in almost a week. She continues to have a cold. I imagine she will have it for a long while. Her little system doesn't really have the ability to kick like the rest of us do. We are busy setting up her new appointments, therapy schedule and routines. As I type she sits on her daddy's lap wrestling with him with all shes got. Her cheeks are rosy and her eyes are twinkling. She is a happy, happy girl and we are so happy she is here with us. We just love her so much.

I hope your holiday was blessed. I hope you were with those that you love the most and that you made memories to hold in your hearts for a life time. Life is good and we are more than blessed. Thank you for loving us this holiday season and for being a part of the family that prayed Ashley Kate home for Christmas. You are loved. Trish

20 Comments:

At 2:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Trish,

Knowing your Christmas was all you prayed and hoped it would be made our family's holiday brighter too. We have prayed for you and we're so glad you were home with your family and that Ashley is doing so well. Thanks for sharing with us and for giving us the privilege and blessing to be a part of your prayer team.

Sending love from a very cold and snowy Kalamazoo, Michigan.

Becky

 
At 2:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is that signature pose of hers again!! Love it!!

 
At 2:32 PM , Blogger Cindi said...

Trish

You gotta love Ashley's pose. That is signature Ashley. I am so glad you were granted your wish of being home for Christmas. Your children look so content. What a precious family you have. Know that we will continue to pray for Ash and her healing and also for you. I know you must be tired after the last 3 1/2 months. You deserve an extended stay at home with your family to rest and enjoy your precious kids and Dave.

God Bless from Oklahoma

cindi

 
At 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish - I love the picture. And Ashley's little crossed leg is precious!!!

I thought of you and your family often throughout this last week ~ each time stopping to offer up a quick prayer that your Christmas was a blessed time and that Ashley continued to heal. I am so thankful that your Christmas prayers were answered and you were all together. I know it was wonderful.

Continuing to hold you close to my heart and praying for many more blessings throughout the New Year.

Love, Jule White

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger Laurie in Ca. said...

As others have said, there is the Ashley Adams pose. I love it. And I especially love that your Christmas Dream came true. It made my holiday with my own family that much sweeter as I thought of you. Praying for Ashleys continued healing and praising God for slow output and no need for fluid replacement. Isn't our God the most wonderful of all lifes treasures? He is so good. Take care of yourself and rest, same for Miss Ashley. And I am praying that 2008 is the most blessed year ever for your family. Love your update from a grateful mothers heart.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

 
At 4:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Trish and Family,

I did not need one other gift than the one I received when I knew that you were going home and I read this post.

Who could ask for anything more???

God is good all the time.

sharon

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger missy said...

Those last two pictures are so priceless. They brought me such incredible joy! I just couldn't be happier that you got your Christmas miracle. Thank you for always keeping us updated...it means so much.

May God bless you all...

Missy
Toledo, Ohio

 
At 6:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures of your children!! It's so good to hear what a wonderful time you all had! I have been blessed to be a part of your prayer team as well.

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger HennHouse said...

And this "report" is EXACTLY what I was praying to read here... I've been checking, rechecking, and praying.

 
At 7:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds magical! I love the picture! ~Chan

 
At 8:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas story :o)

Now that you are back home and can light candles, I wanted to let you know that on the Yankee Candle website (www.yankeecandle.com), they have EVERYTHING buy one get one free, even holiday scents. I know you don't do much online shopping, but it seems like a very good deal (and shipping isn't too expensive). Plus, they should still have most stuff in stock (so you can stock up on your favorites for next year, or to have all year long!). Anyway, I thought I should let you know :o) Also, I got a REALLY cool candle for Christmas called "WoodWick" and it actually sounds like a crackling fire when it burns (what will they think of next?!).

SO happy you got your Christmas wish. Best wishes for an even better 2008.

Take care.
=)Amanda

 
At 8:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic Ashley. Love the pose. It's got such attitude behind it. An attitude that says I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me. And she did. She made it. And for that we are thankful. So blessed and privileged to be a part of the family that prayed you home. When two or more are gathered together in His name...
Love, Judy

 
At 10:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a gorgeous group!!! They all look wonderful!
A Pickle with sas!!!

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger Elizabeth S said...

I can't get over how good Ashley looks. I think this trip home was the perfect medicine for her!

 
At 1:31 AM , Blogger Shari said...

Trish--Your children are beautiful! Ashley looks wonderful! I am so happy the Lord answered your prayers and brought you and Ash home for Christmas. Our God is so good, isn't He? It has been a privilege for over a year to pray for you and your family. I will continue.

Prayers and blessings,

Shari

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

What a great picture! You can just see how much her big brother and sister love her and she looks like that is exactly where she is supposed to be! :-) It has been such an honor to pray for this day with you and your sweet family and I pray that 2008 will be the best year yet! Thank you for opening your lives and know what a blessing you are!

Love in Oklahoma!
Michelle

 
At 11:58 PM , Blogger Gretchen said...

Ours is a God of tender, new mercies each day and of miracles. Your story and praying for you increase my faith each day. Thanks for sharing Ashley and her journal and the rest of the Adams family with me. Blessings in 2008.

 
At 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW that just sounds like so much fun! I'm very happy to hear that you were able to be with your family at Christmas time! There is nothing like every one getting together and having fun!
So glad to hear that Ashley is still doing well! Go Ashley Go!! I pray for her continued health and I'm sure being around family will make a huge difference!!
The picture is so awesome! They are just adorable! So nice to see them all together! Thank you so much for sharing and letting us be a part of your lives. I really do feel like you are a very huge part of my life now. I think about you all daily!
May you all have a Blessed and Happy New Year!!
~Okla

 
At 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to check the blog as often as usual with my own holiday festivities.

However, it was such a sweet sense of peace knowing you and Ash were home with days to spare before Christmas.

Praise the Lord for his sweet mercies...and praying for a fruitful healthy 2008 for Ash and your entire family.

Kristi in Texas

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Susie said...

I am crying tears of joy with you. I have been following your story for quite a while, and I rejoice with you. Your children are so precious, and Ashley's little smile is just angelic. May 2008 be your family's best year ever. Praise God!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home