Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/24/2008

My Life...

Kids ready for school

Call the pediatrician

Arrange for supply delivery

Loads of Laundry

Wake up Ash

Play with the "pickle"

Pile of dishes

Eye appointment

Trip to the pharmacy

Run to the office

Carpool

After school snack

Back to the pharmacy

Grocery shopping

Preparing Dinner

Folding that Laundry

Helping with Homework

Waiting for Dave to walk through the door

...is GREAT!

Just a normal day. One like I haven't had in far too long.

Ash is settling in nicely. Being a typical two year old. Playing with her toys, throwing fits, watching Blue, throwing fits, building blocks, throwing fits, refusing to eat, throwing fits, removing her dressing to expose her sutures, throwing fits. Did I mention to you guys that Ashley Kate learned to throw fits last week? If they gave Emmies for fit throwing then I can assure you she would have been awarded one for her performance. I am at a loss. After spending 47 days sitting in a hospital bed and watching Blue's Clues on demand because there is nothing better to do and then coming home where mommy doesn't think its such a good idea to have it on 24 hours a day she is a tad bit angry. We are in the same place we were in last spring once we returned. The girl feels a little attached to that Blue puppy and mom and dad are tired. What are we going to do?

I'm not really complaining because to tell you the truth it is really cute, but the mom in me knows that it is unacceptable to throw temper tantrums. She and I are going to come to a some type of solution because if she performed one of these tantrums in public I would be humiliated! On top of it being "cute" I'm just so grateful she is here and has the ability to throw those fits. I know it is not an acceptable excuse for not parenting her, but right now we just want "to let her settle back in". Hopefully the "settling" won't last too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home