Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/09/2008

Up to my ears...

...in laundry. Blake brought a bag a wet, smelly clothes back from camp along with a smile that stretched all the way across his face.

...in mud. I decided to move the edge of the flower beds which resulted in stomping around in the mud. I am now in desperate need of a pedicure!

...in water. The siding on the house needed to be washed. What a mess it turned out to be.

...in boxes. I started to prepare the girls room to be painted and had to pack everything away. Dave will be out of town this weekend and I have a project in mind.

...in toys. Ashley Kate must have played with every toy she owns this afternoon. You can't even walk through the family room.

...in bubbles. Allie decided she needed a bubble bath tonight. In the jacuzzi! She is now shiny clean and my bathroom is not.

...in family life. Things are busy, and crazy, and fun, and exhausting, and all that stuff. I am so happy to be home!

...in gratitude. I couldn't be more grateful for this life of ours. There is nothing about it that I don't love.

Blake and Allie are quietly sleeping. Ashley Kate is "growling and grunting" in her crib across the room. Hope is dreaming about the things puppies dream of. Dave is already snoring and its starting to get loud enough to distract me. I am winding down and making plans for what kind of things I can jump into tomorrow. Its been a good day at our little yellow house(which is now clean since I gave it a bath this afternoon). God has blessed us with more than we could have ever imagined and I am thankful. Ash and I are home, in our beds, surrounded by those we love. I'm going to rest well tonight. Hope you do to. Goodnight. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home