Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/01/2008

Sincere Request

This morning I sat down to write to you the story of our night with little miss Ashley Kate, but my thoughts and my heart have been directed and focused on a request I found in our guest book. Now I am reaching out to each one of you who have so faithfully prayed our sweet Ashley through the roughest moments of her life.

There is a 4 month old baby girl named Lauren fighting for her life this very moment. Not the result of a broken body, a transplanted organ, or a birth defect. The result of a severe beating by her babysitter. Her mother is a transplant nurse in Omaha on the adult floor. I share all of this with you because I trust you and the one who shared with me is reaching out trusting you to join us in prayer. I know that the little girl is on the ventilator and that is all I know. I can't promise you that I can keep you updated on her condition because I personally do not know the family, but I can promise you that God is listening and He cares what has happened to this child. If you would pray it could result in miracles. Just look at our Ashley.

I do not understand this. I do not know that God will heal this baby. I do not know what to say to this mother who stands next to her child willing her to breathe. I have no answers, but I know this child is loved. By her mommy and by her Creator and my heart breaks for Lauren this morning as I hold my very own miracle.

I trust you will pray. I know you will. Thank you for being the support that you are to us and to those who you may never know. God bless you. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home