Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart


Her Breath...

...blew across my face in the early morning hours and woke me from my sleep. I opened my eyes and watched her breathe in and out. It was one of the most amazing moments of my life. She was so close to me that I actually felt each little push of air as she exhaled and her breath was effortless, and cool, and sweet. Never in my life have I been awakened by something as precious. I kicked at Dave under the covers and as he fought to keep his eyes slammed shut I told him I could feel her breathe across my face. He smiled, eyes still closed, and said "uh-huh". I closed my eyes tight too and concentrated on how amazing the moment was and I fought to stay in that bed for as long as I could. I hope that I never forget the way it felt and I pray that I never cease to be grateful that she has air in her lungs and the ability to breathe it.

She has had a great weekend. We spent it at the ballpark in Nacodoches watching her big brother play his heart out. Dave and I had the privilege of watching our son play one of his strongest games ever and oh how it blessed our hearts. He really did an amazing job. On top of the baseball our family had 3 great days of memory making opportunity and we enjoyed every minute of them. We laughed, we played, we ate, we hung out, and we just loved it! We have been so blessed! Ash looks stronger than she has in months. Her face continues to be swollen and I'm not too sure that it will ever return to its "normal" size. Despite her changed appearance she continues to melt our hearts and bring laughter to our home. She is a happy pickle and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

We did manage to get an appointment with both the pediatric surgeon and the vascular surgeon for Tuesday of this week. I'm not sure that anything can be done for her, but they want to follow her through the course of her blood clot issues. We were supposed to have a vascular ultra sound last week to check on the size and position of the clot, but it was not done and they don't know if they want to do one now. I'm a little confused as to how we can keep track of the clot without one, but I'm trusting that they may know something that I don't yet know. She has been on the coumidin for close to a month now and originally I was told she would need it for about 3 months. The sooner she comes off of this medication the better as far as I'm concerned. It is so dangerous!

Well, its been a busy weekend and we are looking forward to another busy week. Blake leaves tomorrow morning with his class for a 3 day get away to Pine Cove. Allie has decided to purchase a new bike with her birthday money she has been holding on to, and tomorrow is the big day. I am hoping to get the flower beds planted. Dave will be attending a conference in the Dallas area toward the end of the week. Ashley Kate has her appointments in Shreveport and then has a full week of learning, playing, and growing ahead of her.

We are so grateful for the "normalcy" of the days we have at home. They are so sweet and so full of life. As I wake each day I am reminded of why we miss this little yellow house so much when we are away. Its a great place to grow up and I'm so glad Dave and I are getting to do just that with our Blake, our Allison, and our Ashley.

Hope your weekends were blessed. Take care and I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Trish


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home