Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/19/2008

Girls, Giggles, and Goodnights



Love this picture! Dave snapped it last night after he took Ashley Kate in to say goodnight to Allison. When I found it this afternoon it made me giggle. Those silly girls bring a smile to my heart. I just love them so much and to see how much they love each other makes my heart happy. Ash still had one pigtail in and she's just the cutest thing ever.

Our weekend was good. Not a successful tournament for the boys as far as championships go, but lots of learning opportunities on the field and thats what we're there for. "Its not all about winning its about baseball" according to Blake. I love his attitude. He is there to play the game, get more time on the field, learn from each experience, and hit the ball. He really gets it. Of course winning is great, don't get him wrong. He prefers to win, but the experience is what is going to matter in the future. Anyway, we had a great time.

Ash continues to look good on the outside, but on the inside we're not so sure. Her blood is messed up. Thick and "clotty"(I think I just made that word up) and just not right. We adjusted her coumidin dose again today and scheduled an ultrasound for Wednesday. If I could guess I would say that her central line is clotting off and there may be a possible blood clot around it. I pray I'm wrong, but its pretty suspicious to me and so I'm thankful to finally have someone look at the clots we are treating. The whole blood work/lab work stresses me out. I hate it more than any other part of her care. I wish it didn't have to be done, but unfortunately it is something she will always HAVE to have done. This morning I found myself praying for her and just asking God to make it easy for her. I asked for her to get so tough that she not care that they are sticking her. I don't know if it will happen, but I pray it does. I think she may lose this line this week which means we will be "digging" for veins again and hoping they give up a little blood so all her teams will be happy. I don't know what we will do when we can't get it. Just hold our breath and hope nothing goes wrong? I don't even want to think about it, but the truth is the central lines need to go. All its doing is making things more difficult in the long run.

Other than the lab issues she looks great. We are loving on her everyday. Actually every minute of every day. She just makes our hearts and our home happy. She and I are counting the days until school is out and Blake and Al get to hang out at home all day long. We can't wait for Friday.

Well, the grocery store is calling my name, and the kids are calling for food. I have to get the first one done in order to help with the other. I'll talk to you guys later tonight. Hope your day went well. Take care. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home