Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

6/08/2008

Gotcha Day




(Originally written for Ashley Kate on June 7, 2008)


Oh my goodness sweet baby girl! You are so precious to my heart. Your eyes sparkle with personality and your smile absolutely warms your mommy's heart. Ashley Kate, your mommy loves you so deeply! What a joy you are.

Its been 2 years since the day the courts said, "We Gotcha". The past 2 years have been some of the hardest but sweetest of our lives. You are a gift from our God and not a day goes by that I don't look at your face and fall in love all over again. When you smile your whole face lights up as does our entire house. I love every thing about your. Your eyes that sparkle with the life God has given you. Your tiny nose has got to be one of my favorite things in this world to kiss. Your cheeks run a close second. Your smile is this most wonderful thing I have ever seen and your tiny chin is so perfect. Ash, your hands are the sweetest and softest I have ever held. How I love it when you reach out to pat me with them. I love to nibble on your toes each time I reach into the crib to pick you up. I love every single inch of you(all 34 and 1/4!).

Do you know how very loved you are? You are SO wanted and SO loved. We waited and waited wondering if God would bring you to us and He did. Not only did He bring you into this world and into our hearts, but He far surpassed our wildest imaginations when He made you. I had no idea I could love someone so much! Thank you for being who you are. Thank you for holding on through all those tough days. Thank you for being so tough and yet so very sweet. Thank you, thank you, thank you for teaching me how to grab to all that is important in this life.

Today I look at you and I struggle to find the right words. Something wells up inside of me and I have no idea how to describe to you what it is that I am feeling. I'm just so grateful to be your mom. I am so blessed.

Happy Gotcha day baby gherkin! Your mommy and daddy love you! Your big brother and big sister love you! Jesus loves you!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home