Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/25/2008

Going Back to Yesterday

Yesterday she was silly. Yesterday she was so funny. Yesterday she was full of life. A little of her sparkle had returned. Grandma sent new Blue videos and her eyes lit up. Yesterday I giggled at this precious child and told myself that we would get through this. Again. Yesterday I sat next to her on the floor and concentrated on her beauty. Yesterday I was so in the moment with her and I was busy committing those moments to my memory. Yesterday I was foolish enough to think, "If this is what its like then we'll make it home in no time." Yesterday was really good until about 6pm and then things began to change.

Tonight I'm so tired of concentrating on today that I have chosen to remember yesterday and be grateful for it. I wanted you to see just how good she looked before today.

I love her so much. I love her with every single ounce of everything inside that makes me who I am. I love her more than I ever imagined possible. When she is sad, I am sad. When she hurts, I hurt. Oh, but when she is happy, I am so, so happy. Tonight lets just forget about today and think about yesterday. Good night guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home