Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/25/2008

The Longest Night

I'm sitting here just waiting for morning. It has been such a long night. Ashley Kate is very, very sick. Her bowel has stopped completely. It is swollen and hard. So, so scary. Nothing has come out of it since 9pm and it is getting worse by the hour. She is miserable and in a lot of pain. We have taken x-rays all night long and nothing. No answers. She has a fever and has started vomiting. Her body hurts so bad. I, as always, am helpless. I can do nothing. My heart is broken and I fear we are headed down a road we know all too well. I just need things to turn around this morning. I need her to get better, not worse. We haven't had more than 30 minutes of uninterrupted sleep all night long. I don't know what to do. I can't wait for the doctors to arrive this morning so we can get some help for her and hopefully a plan to turn this night around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home