Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/22/2008

Results

NO ACTIVE, ONGOING REJECTION!!! That's good news.

Now she has to heal.

Even though the initial stool cultures came back negative for C-diff they have decided to send two more to check for it again. She acts as though this is what she has(other than the smell). Her cramping and stool output still points to it. Sometimes a false negative will come back and it can take up to 3 cultures to get a positive. This is what I have been told anyway. I don't want her to have it, but if she does then we need to know for sure so it can be treated.

Ashley's bowel is still very angry. It has a long way to go until it is functioning at the level it was before rejection, but I will take and angry, healing bowel over an active rejecting bowel ANY DAY.

Dave and I are thrilled with the results and are so very grateful for your prayers. We wish she hadn't gotten a secondary issue, but now that she has we have to wait for resolution. She's having an icky day. Tummy aches. Fever and now the rash has returned. Its crazy how it travels and then disappears and then re appears.

I have no idea how long we will be away from home, but I do know that a good biopsy report puts closer than we were. I am truly thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home