Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/09/2008

I knew it

I just knew it. If any one could bring our Ashley Kate back to us it would be her daddy. His heart had been broken the last couple of days as she stared right through him refusing to acknowledge he was here. It was very, very sad, but this morning she came back to us. The turn around has left us stunned. She is silly, and sweet. So ornery and giggly. We have had the best day playing with our little one. She is back. I don't know how it happened, but I believe it had a lot to do with her daddy. The two of them have a relationship like no other. He remains her absolute favorite person in the world. My heart is so very happy and so relieved.

She is stooling much more than she had been. It makes us nervous about the possibility of leaving. I'm afraid that she was pushed to hard and to quick. We made no changes to her feedings today, but she still struggled to maintain normal output. She is already at 49per kilo and we have another 8 hours to get through in this 24 period. I'm hoping with all that I have that she slows it down as she sleeps so that no eyebrows are raised. I am content with the knowledge of needing to take it slow. Not daily increases, but every few days are ok with me. Slow and steady. She has a lot of healing yet to do. If she requires a few more weeks of TPN then we are ok with that.

My stomach is anxious and nervous. I hope something opens up for us tomorrow. I can't bare the though of disappointing Blake and Allie. They are really looking forward to seeing their baby sister. Allie is convinced that two good things will come out of this. She called to let us know that its a good thing if they get a bed for Ash cause that means that another sick little kid got well and gets to go home to see their family. It also means that Ashley is getting better cause she is well enough to go back to Shreveport. She just thinks this is all good for everybody and I couldn't agree with her more. I can't wait to hold that little girl again! I have missed her and that big brother of hers so very much.

Dave leaves out of here at 4:30am. He is taking most of our things on his flight and if we don't get out of here tomorrow then Ash and I will be left with our clothes and not much else. The room is pretty sad looking in comparison to the way it was just a few hours ago. I pray our hearts won't be disappointed and that we won't have to sit here and look around our empty room.

I hope to get some sleep, but honestly don't know that I will. I just wish that we had been told all was a "go" and that I knew we were leaving at a certain time. I sure hope they have had something open up today.

Ashley has looked so amazing today that I just can't imagine her output being high due to anything other than just being advanced to quickly this week. Oh, how I have missed our little pickle. God has blown us away with the memories He allowed us to make with her today. Dave and I have laughed so hard with her. Its been a really good day, and I am praying we won't be separated from Dave and the kids much longer. There really is a possibility that I could see them tomorrow evening! I'm trying not to get too excited in case it doesn't happen, but I'm having a hard time keeping the smile off of my face.

Keep praying. Were almost there! Good night guys. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home