Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/18/2009

They didn't give us a book...

...the day we brought them home. I kind of thought they might, but they never did. We did it 3 times, and all 3 times they allowed us to pack up those babies and never once gave us a book about what we were supposed to do with them once we got home. Oh well, through the years we've just kind of made it up as we went along and so far so good. Of course there were days(and there still are) when we looked at each other and just kind of shrugged our shoulders because we were stumped, but then there were(and still are) those days when we look at each other and just smile because we can't imagine it getting much better. I think the key to it all is time. It doesn't really take much else. Just lots and lots of time. At least that's what works best for us as we learn to parent these amazing people God handed to us. The more time we invest in them, the better the result.

We really enjoyed our weekend. Just hanging out and having some fun with our 3 favorite kids in the world. I wish I could put into words how good it feels to hear your 13 year old say, "Hey, I love all of you guys in this room" or to hear your 11 year old say to your 3 year old, "I'm sorry your tummy hurts" then watch her kiss her tiny fingers that she signed with and say, "I hope that helps it get better." Or to hear those big kids laugh till they cried as they watched their dad have to go in after the canoe that had tipped over and was floating away. What a memory! All I know is the 3 of them came back from the lake wet, wet, wet(each in varying degrees with Dave being wet up to his armpits!) and we spent the rest of the evening drying out their clothes and shoes by the campfire. As the clothes were drying the kids made smores and even had a critter stop by and join them. Who knew that raccoons liked smores? I sure didn't.

Ash's favorite parts of the weekend were by far the campfire and the canoe ride. Two more experiences to put down in her book. I love watching her eyes as she sees and does new things. Its an amazing place to be.

I love my kids, I love my husband, I love my life. I really, really do. Hope your weekends were blessed. Enjoy the slide show. Take care. Trish


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home