Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/09/2009

A sad day

Its been a sad day at our house. If you happened to stop by you might actually think that tragedy had struck or something of the like, but in all honesty its just that our Christmas decorations are down, scattered about two rooms, and making there way back into our attic this evening. My heart is truly hurting over this and as ridiculous as it may sound when you look at the big picture in our lives I am honestly very, very sad. Christmas is over. I admit it. It has come and gone and I will now be forced to wait an entire year for it to return. Its just so unfair.

On top of that Ash is feeling yucky and that makes us all pretty sad. She has spent her day signing to us that her tummy hurts. It has to be the saddest thing you've ever seen. Our sweet baby can now tell us when it hurts and to look at her sad, sad face as the cramping rolls throughout her bowel is just heartbreaking. Her big brother sat across the room from her tonight and told her over and over again just how sorry he was that her tummy was hurting. It caused Allie to kneel down next to her on the floor and place kisses galore all over her face because her tummy hurting causes our hearts to hurt.

As I type Ashley Kate sits in the recliner curled up under her blanket watching Frosty the Snowman. (This whole letting go of the holidays is a family affair.) I know I should probably pack the movie away with the rest of the holiday fare, but I don't dare cause her anymore pain today and the removal of Frosty would do just that. So I'm fixing to push play on that silly movie for the 10millionth time since early October and sit with her to enjoy another round.

And then if all of this wasn't enough to bring tears to my eyes I read that one of my favorite fellow bloggers was retiring from blog life and that made my heart really sad. I completely understand why the retirement was necessary, but if she only knew how much her words have spoken to my heart over the last couple of years. Anyway, I decided to try and share it with her, but I don't think my words did my sentiment justice. Update: Sarah changed her mind sometime today and won't be retiring after all. Yeah for all of us who love to read her words!

To ease the pain of the day I believe that we got an a email sent to us straight from the hand of God. Ok, not really the hand of God, but it could have been orchestrated by Him to be sent to us on such a sad day. Anyway, the Tarheels will be resuming practice by the end of the month and our first tournament will be the end of February. That's so great! We are so excited and if anything could make me smile on the day that Christmas is disappearing from my home it would be that the baseball gear is returning. I mean it really never went anywhere, but it will be returning to being strewn about the house. Blake is on cloud 9 and when my kids are happy I'm more than happy. On top of all of that, registration for Al's soccer is tomorrow and then she'll be on cloud 9 too knowing that the season is just around the corner.

As a way to escape all that is making our hearts sad today Dave has decided that an overnight jaunt in the RV is exactly what this family needs. A day of fishing, long toss, geo caching, game playing, and movie watching will heal our hearts. "Time is slipping away and if we stay home then all we will do is work, work, work. We need to do some playing this weekend with our kids." I couldn't agree more. So as soon as I finish this post I will be loading the RV with what we need to run down the road a few miles and make some memories. Its all about priorities. Right?

Sad days come and sad days go. This time I'm hoping the sad day goes quickly. I want Ash to begin feeling better and better as the days go by and not struggling with each and every one. At least she is able to manage a smile here and there to let us know that although she's hurting she's still happy. Just wait till we climb in the RV. Its one of her favorite things to do. Nothing makes her happier then playing in her room inside of there. I don't know why but this girl loves to travel.

So we will be absent until Sunday evening. Just didn't want you guys to worry. Hopefully the mournful period will have ended. Have a great weekend. Talk to you soon. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home